Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a silencer with stock pipes push you into improved stock or can you stay in stock?

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
With most sanctioning bodies it would put you in the improved stock class, any component that didn't come "stock" on your sled will bump ya up to improved stock..You can go this this site and check out their rules, pretty standard..

www.nsraracing.org

Hope that helps ya out some..

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought so, I've gotten by with switching back to the old can and leaving the pipes in into stock, but it really tames it out, guess Ill just see what it do in improved then[^]

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Did you check out those nsra rules?? I think I posted the wrong site I'll fix it [:D]

There I fixed it, the link should work now [:D]

·
Registered
209 Posts
Most radar and speed runs you can use a can in stock. No pipes. We found that those noise boxes slow you down.......

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked it up and a silencer will not bump me into improved. Just hope they don't look at the clutches too hard.

I havent noticed any loss in hp from the "noise box" but if I do I have decal stickers on the hood.....that adds at least 10hp[:p] more than enough to compensate, right?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Originally posted by DG_storm_rider
[br]I looked it up and a silencer will not bump me into improved. Just hope they don't look at the clutches too hard.

I havent noticed any loss in hp from the "noise box" but if I do I have decal stickers on the hood.....that adds at least 10hp[:p] more than enough to compensate, right?
clutchig is allowed but not sure on porting. what about the slp crank thats not stock so will that bump you up or no?

·
Registered
37 Posts
No porting is allowed in stock here is some examples allowed in the stock class- clutching, gearing and suspension setup, lube systems and low lug track for ice picks.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Originally posted by Dobiedog129
[br]No porting is allowed in stock here is some examples allowed in the stock class- clutching, gearing and suspension setup, lube systems and low lug track for ice picks.
thats what i thought, i was pretty sure that porting wasn't allowed.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Even just v-force reeds put u into improved stock! Motor must be completly stock or stock replacement parts! Porting, crank, and pipe, your improved!
[attachment=58895]
I had to run improved stock with my sled and only V-force reeds were done, no pipe or can at the time!

Attachments

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was forced into improved stock due to my porting. the race was on saturday not many people showed up anyway there were only 7 people in my class. I got second. But if i hadn't had the porting done I would have been stock. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Check the ISR (International Snowmobile Racing) Rulebook. I think it says a few times 'if a change/modification is not specifically allowed, than assume that it cannot be made'. Best idea if you aren't sure about something is to go to tech before the race and have them verify anything. It's a lot better to know and try to change it than to end up qualifying and then get DQ'd during inspection. Just my .02

07rmkracer

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I probably should have mentioned this in my origional question, I knew I would have been pushed to improved due to my mods in a normal drag race, but this is just a radar run and If you could fool em you had the green light. I am a member of the club that put it on and everybody knew I was ported. I was asking for a friend of mine who only has a can on his 99 xc 500

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Drag racing and radar runs are totally different. Radar runs are usually done by a club or bar/resteraunt and can basicaly make up their own rules. A sanctioned event(drag race) Has to go by the ISR rule book. Wich means any mods to the motor will bump you up to improved class.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts