Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just wondering what to expect for top end speed of a 93 indy 440 liquid cooled, just got it but theres no snow yet and theres no good feilds around to test her out so any ideas, not that shes a rocket or anything but just for curiosity. And what can i do to the suspension to make her more able to jump and go ditch banging with, besides putting a new rear end in er.
Thanks for any input you have!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
My gf has a 95 xcr 440, that will hit 90s on speedo all day. Yours is two years older and a tamer Indy (if not the xcr), but I wouldnt think the 80 to 90 on speedo is out of the question, maybe a little more. But thats on the dream o meter remember.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Last winter I had my '92 Indy 440 on an ice-covered road that was straight and flat. I held it to the bar for 2 miles. I eventually saw 95 mph. Now, this is not normal. If there is any loose snow or conditions are not perfect, 85 is pretty realistic.

·
Registered
317 Posts
my '92 xcr halls a$$ and for bump FOX all around and a swaped in XTRA 10 (simple swap) enjoy!

·
Registered
450 Posts
i've got to upgrade my rear skid. id say the diff is phenomenal.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hey '92XCR440 I have the same sled as you! Its a good sled for what I payed for it. I put in a Xtra 10 last season it has the white FOX. It is a better ride indeed. It was an easy swap just a matter of drilling and bolting not too bad. Do you have ski skins on that? It looks like you might in you pic...

·
Registered
450 Posts
ya that pic is from last season.. i've got new plastic ones this year and a white cobra windshield identical to that black one

·
Registered
840 Posts
I had my old '88 Indy 400 up to 100mph and thats back in early 90s. Yes guys/gals, I know the speedo isnt accurate - at least that what it says when I had her across the lake one year. Tough little 400/440/500 - best Polaris engines ever made. WL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.