Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Hoping someone can help point me in the right direction for a coolant loss problem I'm having. I just started to notice after the last 2 rides that when I check my overflow for coolant, it is almost empty. I was thinking maybe I was losing coolant via bad head gasket, as I heard that can happen? I've only been sledding for about 2 years so still learning about the details. Anybody that has some info I sure would appreciate the help.

I did check the overflow tank itself for leaks and it doesnt seem to be wet anywhere, so I thought that was ok.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Look for green wet spots under the sled after it's parked someplace overnight, that will give you an idea where it might be leaking to the outside of the sled.

If you don't see anything, pop the exhaust pipe off and see if any drains out.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have a 97 500 I had to replace a heat exchanger hose it was leaking the hose runs under the engine.Look under the engine in the belly pan for green.

·
Registered
258 Posts
If you dont see any of the things posted above, just maybe the coolcant system is not full and you have an air bubble. Lift the front of the sled up in the air (you can just leave your sled on the trailer and tilt it) remove coolant fill cap and fill er up, start sled, fill some more until topped off. Also with the sled tilted...look under the sled at the exchanges and hoses for any leaks, for tilting the sled should give it more resistance to push the coolant up hill so to speak. Let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the ideas guys. I dont see any coolant "pooling" up underneath the sled, so I wll have some time today, and I'm going to see what I can find in the engine compartment/belly pan, as well as pull the exhaust.

Thanks for the help...[thumb]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts