Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Readers:

I am somewhat new to snowmobiling and have a 1994 Indy 500 EFI. It runs good for what it is. I rode all weekend(about 180 miles) without a problem until I popped the plugs out and took a look. The clutch side plug was dark brown, the mag side plug was almost without a hint of brown(practically oxford freaking white). This made me think the oil injector had quit on that side. So, I took both the injectors off and found nothing(no obvious clog), cleaned them and put them back in and rode some more. Checked the plugs, and basically the same thing, clutch side plug dark and mag side plug white. I am not a snowmobile mechanic by any stretch of the imagination and am out of ideas for what to test or try to get to the core of the problem? I don't really want to start premixing oil and clog a fuel injector or foul plugs on the clutch side just to account for the lean mag side.

Any help or idea would be appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think that I have narrowed it down to an air leak. I checked to make sure that the oil system was working again tonight, and no problem there. Both injector oil lines were spewing when running. Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but my air leak almost has to be in the carb boot on the mag side, since an air leak in the crankshaft seals would make BOTH cylinders run lean and cause "white" plugs?

And if this is probably the problem, how do I check/test this and possibly repair?

thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
That's what i was thinking when I read your post. Take the airbox off, take the throttle body's off and the boots off and check them over thoroughly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I am going to check the boots for sure before I dig into the crankshaft seals. If I do find the problem, where do I find a set of mounting flanges for my sled? Any online parts places you guys know of that will have something like this?
thanks

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Probably need to go OEM.

http://216.37.204.206/ingles/polaris_oem/PolarisSnow.asp?Type=13&A=71&B=7

1 - 5 of 5 Posts