Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just looking to change my primary spring on my 1993 Indy 500. As i was looking though the epi catalog they showed my stock spring and then a recomended high performancde spring. The stock spring is EPI color White and rated at 125lb (2.5" load) and 280lb (1.25" load). The recomended high performance spring is EPI color Black and rated at 145lb (2.5" load) and 280lb (1.25" load). There is also a spring one level up EPI color Silver 165lb (2.5") and 300lb(1.25"). Anyways my question is does anyone know what would be a better option for a high performance spring for my clutch?? I really want a spike on the line but i dont want to mess with wieghts or my secondary clutch. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
393 Posts
PolarisPride500 said:
I am just looking to change my primary spring on my 1993 Indy 500. As i was looking though the epi catalog they showed my stock spring and then a recomended high performancde spring. The stock spring is EPI color White and rated at 125lb (2.5" load) and 280lb (1.25" load). The recomended high performance spring is EPI color Black and rated at 145lb (2.5" load) and 280lb (1.25" load). There is also a spring one level up EPI color Silver 165lb (2.5") and 300lb(1.25"). Anyways my question is does anyone know what would be a better option for a high performance spring for my clutch?? I really want a spike on the line but i dont want to mess with wieghts or my secondary clutch. Any input would be appreciated.
I,d go with the Black 145-280.If you go with the silver you may overrev on the top end.The black will just raise your engagement RPM.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts