Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 1998 Indy 500.

I'm looking for a decent setup for a two-up seat for it. I've seen several solutions, but I'm not excited about spending $400 on a seat that may or may not get used.

I've found those strap down cushions for around $70, but has anyone used them? I was thinking about one of those and then installing a few handles of some sort.

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
564 Posts
20101011104619137_33241.jpg
Look for back rests for them. Both my and my brothers indys had back rests when we bout them. It can be a little tight, since its not really a two up seat. They do have handles for the second rider, U can find them on ebay and stuff. Also if you plan on doing two up riding with a non two up, especially the extra 10 rear suspension u might wanna by the heavy duty rear springs, they help with traction too. I put it on mine cuz Im a bigger person, it made a huge difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found the OEM "medium" springs I think:
SPRING,LH,TORS(.421DIA) (.421) Opt. 7041461-067
SPRING,RH,TORS(.421DIA) (.421) Opt. 7041462-067

But they are about $70 each. I see a lot of generic Kimpex springs for $30 each. Is it worth it for the OEM part?

·
Registered
564 Posts
When I bought mine I got a pair of Mediums, and they weren't any better than the stock ones, So when I went back I bought the heavy duty ones, which were the same price where I got mine. And I am pretty sure they were OEM because it was a Polaris dealer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts