1K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  cosmicmuffin 
#1 ·
i am looking to get one of them, around a 1990 to 1999 style

couple questions:

1.how much do they go for used?

2.anybody know their topspeed?

alrighty thanks [8D]

#4 ·
tnx for your post, and ya i was looking in the for sale section and saw a mint 1997 indy 440 for $1300...really nice, all black.....but i yet to have money

#6 ·
I picked one up here in Colorado
a while back.paid $1900 the sled is spotless no cracks or scratches.
2000 miles on the sled.
Has a 136 track.If you didn't know any better you would think it
is brand new.
It's a 95 perfect for a begginer,or a back up sled.

#9 ·
<<< I bought this one for $600 last winter. Nice looking sled but I've since replaced almost every moving part in the 600 miles I put on it. That includes a new engine also. I've got more money wrapped up in this piece of s**t then I'll ever get back out of it.

The moral of my story is: make sure to take the time to look at everything. Ask tons of questions. don't buy at night or in a dimly lit pole barn. If the guy sounds like a bulls**ter then he usually is. If he says he doesn't know much about it then he was too stupid to maintain it properly.

#11 ·
Not all dealers are bad. I just bought this '96 SKS w/4000 miles that is in excellent condition from a dealer for $1,100. Only thing wrong after riding it is the front shocks are shot. No biggie, just a good excuse to upgrade to some Fox shocks.

My wife, my brother-in-law, and my 2 yr old son took their first drives/rides on a snowmobile ever over Christmas on this machine. They loved it![attachment=54655]

Attachments

#12 ·
Originally posted by radical53
[br]when do dealers not screw you over?. alot of good deals on the sleds for sale on www.johndee.com
no doubt.....they'll like change all the new parts on the engine to old ****ty ones and stuff just to rip u off

#13 ·
i payed 1400 for mine, with 5000 miles, and didn't have to put any money into it. BUT, since then ive put a crank in it. good luck in finding what your looking for

#15 ·
75-85 for top speed i'd say.weve got jsut under 6000 miles on our 91 indy 500. these things run for ever.

#17 ·
Dont know where the 500cc got its "Bullet Proof" reputation! Ive personnaly seen dozens blow up. "yes" weve put them in storage with gas in, gas out, added stable.., Have even pickled em,full of oil!!Usually same M.O. leaned out! Was it fuel?or air leak?(seals).Bottom line, not worth fixing! C/M (gone cat!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.