Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone i am buying a 1990 polaris indy 500. i am wondering if they are good and worth $900. it comes with a psi pipe, and has a nice track. does anyone have any info on the sled or any pictures

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Depending on the miles, its general condition, and how the last owner took care of it... yes, good sled.

·
Registered
35 Posts
1990 Polaris Indy 500
Engine - 488cc liquid cooled
2 cylinder
7.3 gallon fuel tank
hydraulic disc brake
(optional equipment) - Could have hand warmers, backrest, reverse, storage, tow hitch.

Hope that helps, I don't know top speeds or anything involving driving this sled because I've never driven one. I can say that my buddies have indy 400's and 500's and they all run strong and are reliable. Take care of it and it will be good to you.

As for the price, its hard to say without knowing the mileage.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well it has 6000 miles and i have the wiseco kit for it. it doesnt have a backrest or anything and it has been driven by an older person

·
Registered
725 Posts
see if you can get him down to 700 or 800, it doesnt seem like a bad deal, but it could be better. And those are great sleds, fun, reliable, decent power, and with psi pipes it will sound sweet [8D] (I know, I have one with PSI's)

·
Registered
730 Posts
sounds like a good deal to me i live close to you and i think its worth about 1200
so i would take it if i were you. what type of riding do you do? have you ever ridden a sled before?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i like just ripping threw the trails around here and just havin fun. actually the sled i drive alot is and apex 1000 4 cylinder

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got a 92 Polaris INDY 500. Its a good sled. Lots of power, nice hole shot. Not so good with a stock track, lots of spin outs going up hills. I got 82MPH out of my sled on partially packed field/trail. Revs to 7800 for operating rpm. 7.75inches of travel front and back. Lowriding rear suspension after it has warmed up going through the trails. All in All I give it 7.5 out of 10. 7.5 for performance. 6 for comfort, 8 for reliability, & 7 for looks and work on easability.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
any chane is it the one of super shooper from shelburn? lol i just read it and was like hey that sounds familair

1990 Polaris Indy 500, PSI pipe, new seat, new skis, good track, runs great, $900, 519-925-2258 Shelburne

that one?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts