Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes the single air filters I see on some sleds and were can i get them? And do they help with power, acceleration, top end,etc?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
polarisguy23 said:
Who makes the single air filters I see on some sleds and were can i get them? And do they help with power, acceleration, top end,etc?
I have a set of 3 NEW Uni-Filters and filter oil that I bought for my 91 Indy 650 but never installed if you are interested. They list for $15.95 each. I will sell them for $40.00.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Those single filters are nice, flow better than the stock air box.But u will need to re jet your carbs.. Will run lean with the new filters...

The filters are a good deal... buy theme up, factory air box on a polaris triple flow very poorly, u will gain from the switch over.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Filters flow air easier than stock airboxes, but they also suck hot air from under the hood, so you'll lose horsepower.

You'll be better of gutting the airbox and rejetting.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Filters flow air easier than stock airboxes, but they also suck hot air from under the hood, so you'll lose horsepower.

You'll be better of gutting the airbox and rejetting.
have to agree here, cold air mixes with fuel better than warm air. gut the air box and jump up 2 jet sizes to start with.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys. In the process of rebuilding my 88 650. Got it down to nothing now. Motor is getting rebuilt, and extra 10 swap going in. I'v got a set of decker pipes for it and the carbs are already jetted for the pipes. So i think i'll keep the gutted air box and try that for now. Will i still have to do more jetting with the air box gutted even if they are done for the pipes already? I'll post pics later of rebuild.
P.S. Are all IFS bars the same from old to new (mine to extra 10) or are they different?

·
Registered
63 Posts
When I put oversized carbs and pipes on my XLT I also gutted the air box, plus drilled a 2" hole in the side for more air. Good call, but now they have the gadgets that you can open or close that extra flow to richen or lean it. That will come in handy on cold nights since pipes make the engine more temperature sensitive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts