Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last winter I crashed my indy 650 with pipes. found another 1990 indy 650 with 2500 miles that had been sitting in garage for ten years not used. very clean, 120 psi in all three. But needed all new fuel lines and carbs were completely gummed up. the floats were stuck and fuel would pour out the vents. so with a foot of fresh snow on the ground I replaced the lines and just swapped the carbs. the carbs on the 89 indy that i crashed were jetted for I think they were psi pipes, they were destroyed. the pipes on the 1990 indy has decker pipes on it. I have observed the plugs and they look a nice brown color and one is closer to black. I know this carb should have gone on a specific cylinder but i didnt think to pay attention to the order they came off in. Is the jetting similar for all pipes? I live at about 900 feet above sea level in michigan. Another question, can I unpack the decker cans to change the tone, I really liked the sound of the other pipes a lot better, I read on here that some one else did that to decker pipes. will this change jetting, performance, or low rpm torque?
thanks for any help. and keep praying for snow.

·
Registered
591 Posts
unpacking the decker pipes will make them even more rediculously loud than they already are. Repacking them makes them seem less high pitched, makes it rumble more.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks still wondering though if unpacking them will change the backpreasure/ need for new jetting? and the jetting from one pipe to another

1 - 4 of 4 Posts