Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anybody tell me how reliable the indy 650 is its a stock engine also.what i need to know is these engines piston popers or if you mix the gas good you woulnt have a problem. well what it is im trading my indy 488 fan for an indy 650 is it a good choice to make or am i just going to give my self a headacke is the any body here to got an indy 650 that can give me some feed back on these machines thanks

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
do a search on the subject, you will find lots of good feedback on this engine. As I wrote now, the rebuilt is done on my 650, but I got some issues as I took 2 engine to make one. When all those issues will be repaired I'm sure the sled will ran awesome, like before the broke!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Man that post was hard to read. Don't think that you have to pre-mix the oil, the 650 I have has oil injection. Make sure the carbs are set correctly. If you don't know how find someone that does. Its just like anything else, the maintenance that was done to it before you had it, and the maintenance you do to it is going to dictate what its going to be like. I really liked mine pretty fast, kinda finicky thou. As far as the trade I'd keep the Indy 488. The 650 will be faster,but it all depends on what you want. I prefer reliability over speed. Or the other way around..... I'm not sure.[;)]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts