Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after finding out that I poped my middle piston last weekend, ive now decided to tear her down and start over. Any suggestions???
thanks

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
92indy650 said:
well obviously! but im thinking full rebuild. any suggestions to get some more power out of her?
Pipe it clutch it jet it. it will wake it right up

·
Registered
538 Posts
Well since your in their another reliable way to make power is porting and if your going to get into the bottom end match the cases.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I bought my RXL pistons from a guy named Bermcannon on E-Bay. He has Pro-X pistons for about $120 a set of 3.

So ya wanna wake er up? LoL Try putting RXL cylinders on it. The EFI cylinder is very different in that it has a big intake (51mm? don't recall..) and has way way bigger ports compared to a standard Indy 650 cylinder. In theory you could put some 44s on it and make a little power.

92indy650 said:
after finding out that I poped my middle piston last weekend, ive now decided to tear her down and start over. Any suggestions???
thanks

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Bore the cylinders to use 750 pistons, race port & polish, tripple Deckker pipes, clutch kit, re-gear it, re-jet.

That will make more difference then you could amagine. I had a 1989 Polaris Indy 650 tripple with all that, sled felt like i put a turbo on it. I have all the specifics if you would like to know. PM me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
jesse500 said:
Bore the cylinders to use 750 pistons, race port & polish, tripple Deckker pipes, clutch kit, re-gear it, re-jet.

That will make more difference then you could amagine. I had a 1989 Polaris Indy 650 tripple with all that, sled felt like i put a turbo on it. I have all the specifics if you would like to know. PM me.
I would like all the specifics if you can. I have a 1990 indy 650 that i would like to do this to. has DG pipes on it already.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
treeclmb1 said:
If i bored to use 750 pistons would my DG pipes still be tuned right on my 650?
Sell those DG pipes and buy deckker, i have dyno sheets proving Decker makes 4.9 hp more than the next closest competitor (crankshop).
what specifics do you want to know?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts