Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a new cable on my 91 Indy and the speedo is still noT working. AnyonE have any experience in this matter?
Just ran today from a fresh rebuild so I'd like to know how many miles I've traveled for break in purposes.
Thanks, Dan in NH Damn it's cold outside>
[:0]

·
Registered
637 Posts
You probably need the little drive thingy.. Below the secondary where the cable goes in.. it's 2 or 3 bolts.. tke it off see if the little peice is broken or missing..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Did you chk the speedo pin that is on the drive shaft, you have to remove the bearing cover that the cable screws into but that is more than likely the problem. Hell ya its cold here in NH, was out on milton pond for the ice drags and thought i was gonna freeze blasting across the lake at 100. Finally have snow this year and its almost been to cold to enjoy it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I'll give that a look see when my toes warmup. Is that bearing cover easy enough to get to without removing the secondary and is there any sort of gasket need to worry about?
I went out to put a few break in miles on Big Island Pond in Derry. Almost glad I had to go a little slow.

·
Registered
777 Posts
check the bearing,most times the bearing is shot,which breaks the sqaure drive pin that goes into bearing cover

1 - 7 of 7 Posts