Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 (duh, only year they made 'em[;)]). I'm just wondering what people think of them. Mine has a black hood with yellow vents, a yellow skidplate, low-cut black windshield, SLP pipes, and an SLP airbox. For those of you who have not heard of a Triumph, it's basically a Gen II chassis with an XLT 600 (597 cc monoblock triple) mated to 3 38 mm (i think) flatslide mikuni carbs. It's got Xtra-10 with Fox Shocks all the way around. I picked it up bone stock with a homemade trailer, 2 helmets, 2 covers, and a nice track stand for $1,100 last spring. The hood and dash pieces were all cracked up (hence the new black hood) and the tunnel is a little bent. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
well I have only seen one ever while riding but if you got all of that for $1100 I think you got a pretty good deal as long as the sled runs well! The sled looks good too!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MN_SlEdnEck said:
well I have only seen one ever while riding but if you got all of that for $1100 I think you got a pretty good deal as long as the sled runs well! The sled looks good too!
Thanks, your XC 700 is pretty sharp too. I like the looks wedge chassis a little better than Gen II, but the ride is pretty similar with the Xtra-10.

·
Registered
222 Posts
ya i mean the wedge looks nice but those new polaris pro series look awesome but thats outta my checkbooks league lol. the xtra 10 isnt a bad suspension once its dialed in

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
wonderfull!! thats what i think. a proven high milage inexspensive engine with a great carburator setup, in a wonderfull chassis of the time. if i had one right now i would be riding it.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
They are a good sled. Mine has been retired to the back-up/girlfriends sled. I bought mine back when they were new. Never had any issues other than a voltage regulator going bad.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I would consider that sled a collector item. I know I guy who had a mint, showroom condition, low mileage Triumph who sold it to a collector for top dollar. One thing I like about them are the uniqueness; monoblock triple in the Gen II chassis with flatsides. Not crazy about the purple graphics that came on the 2000 XCR 800 and Triumph though.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
I would consider that sled a collector item. I know I guy who had a mint, showroom condition, low mileage Triumph who sold it to a collector for top dollar. One thing I like about them are the uniqueness; monoblock triple in the Gen II chassis with flatsides. Not crazy about the purple graphics that came on the 2000 XCR 800 and Triumph though.
Hey man, if you're blowin people away on the lakes, doesn't matter if your sled is purple. [thumb]

·
Registered
916 Posts
Hahaha. I went ahead and cut the purple section out of my hood decals. Looks way better. The triumph is a nice sled. It was a good move to take the proven XLT engine w/flatslides from the 1999 XLT special (aggressive chassis) and put it in a lighter better handling chassis. One of the last good moves polaris made.
201012417542421_13024.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
I had a Triumph engine in my wedge 95 xcr chassis and I loved the engine. Puts out about 100 h.p. I did not have any problems with the engine at all, ran great. Only thing some people had problems with is the green carb slides, they were prone to breaking and getting sucked into the engine. I think Acexlt had the problem I can't remember really. I got a clutch kit from madcow and she pulled pretty good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TriumphoverU said:
Here's a few pictures of my ole girl...

2005117231237_83.jpg

2005117231034_83.jpg

200518225225_83.jpg

200511723938_83.jpg
Love the red on it, looks great. That's about what my engine bay looked like with the stock exhaust. Really clean with about 2,500 miles on it. I just couldn't take the sound of the stock muffler, because it muffled it sooo much. With an extra muffler on it compared to the older XLTs, the new pipes shaved a lot of weight off too.

TriumphoverU said:
They are a good sled. Mine has been retired to the back-up/girlfriends sled. I bought mine back when they were new. Never had any issues other than a voltage regulator going bad.
I think the voltage regulator on mine is bad too, cause the lights flicker, burn out, and sometimes don't work at all. What were the symptoms on your bad regulator?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Sounds like your regulator alright. They do have aftermarket ones for about half the cost of the Polaris ones.

Nice sled by the way. The Gen II is arguably the best handling polaris chassis ever. The have wider handlebars than the wedge and a wider ski stance. The 2000 is even 1 1/2" wider than the 1999.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
When my regulator went bad, my lights would have a faint glow to them. Everything was dim, new reg and all is back to normal now.

·
Registered
718 Posts
i thought those triumphs were excellent for their time. looks sharp, be even more sharper if those yellow screens were red instead. just my opinion.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts