Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all gotta question. I am lookin for a sled to purchase. I have 2 in mind right now. One is a 700 MXZ. I was wondering what you guys think. its in awesome condition and has around 2700 miles on it and they are asking 2800 for it. Thanks for the opinion

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
The 700 is only about 5ish more horse then the 600 HO. Their based off the same crankcase anyways. What year is it and does it have anything done to it? They're strong runners and a proven engine design seeing it has been used since atleast from 2000 to the present.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive had expierience riding and im pretty big (6'3" 270) so i need something to haul my butt around. As far as mods go, there really arent any, pretty bone stock. Mods that I would be looking at are as follows: studs of course, risers, windshield, and anything small i can get my hands on. oh and it is a 2000

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
They have enough power to move you around pretty well. If its not the X package I would recommend having your shocks revalved to be a little stiffer. You would appreciate it if you ride pretty rough. In the general section on top of the page there is a post on a member who has a service for it.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
A friend of mine has one. It's stock with the exception of a Cudney Racing clutch kit. He's a demon on the thing. It goes like hell and has been 100% reliable for him. He keeps saying he'd buy a REV in a heartbeat if they'd just drop a 700 in one. I rode his sled last year. It was very powerful but going from my REV back to his MXZ was too difficult for me to get comfortable with the riding style necessary to get the most out of the sled. On the other hand, I can't keep up with him.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah my friend is able to help me with the shocks. Im just hopin i can get it to be pretty comfortable. Compared to last year which was like riding a jackhammer. so hopefully everything works out on this one. thanks for the opinions guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.