Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine is thinking about getting a 1999 xcr 440. How do they perform? how are they mechanicly? and has anyone had any problems with them? It has a VES system so how will it compare to my 99 600 xc (non-VES). Any information would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Gen II or Edge

The edge was race only, and the first race chassis ever. The Gen II was a "consumer" model..

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Should have extreme similar characteristics as my '98 XCR 440. As the GenII is bascially the wedge chassis with different plastics.

They are quick, if you are into jetting and all that. If you put in large jets for cold weather and ride in warm w/out changing, it will probably run pretty crappy.

It should put out around 90 to 95 HP

http://www.polarisfiles.com/snowmobile/index.asp?year=1999&sid=136

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Originally posted by sledmaster
[br]A buddy of mine is thinking about getting a 1999 xcr 440. How do they perform? how are they mechanicly? and has anyone had any problems with them? It has a VES system so how will it compare to my 99 600 xc (non-VES).
That 440 should will perform similar to that non-VES XC 600. My 98 runs neck-and-neck against a 98 XC 600 in straight line races.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Originally posted by 1991mach1kid
[br]i think polaris i meant boolaris are crap in my opinion
Bye bye. 2 posts, 2 bashings, 2 warnings, 1 banning. The recipe for success at TUSF.

Bye Bye then.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
^^ Some people will never learn..

·
Registered
68 Posts
If i were the moderator, i wouldnt bother even replying. The only reason why people put these kind of posts on are to see what your reaction will be. They know they are going to get kicked off, they just want to see what your going to say. Your actually giving them what they want by replying. Just delete it and continue on.
Just my 2 cents.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts