Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for general specs for this sled. My buddy just picked one up. I like checking out specs on Polarisman.com but the SP model isnt listed. The paint schemes are different from the plain xcr440 shown. So does anyone know the scoop on this sled. Does it have the same rear skid. The sled doesnt label it is the Xtra-10 skid... so what is it??? We are going to pick up a service manual but wanted to tinker a little...

L8R,
Darkstar

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
1999 XCR 440 SP was the first year they had the EDGE design. That's why there is no info on them. Well, there is info, but it's damn hard to find.

"Might Be Crazy But I Ain't Dumb" - Cooter

·
Registered
338 Posts
Well its got a motor, a seat, skis, and a rubber track. If you hit the right lever, it goes forward, the left, and it stops. What more can you want to know??

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Darkstar:

I am looking for general specs for this sled. My buddy just picked one up. I like checking out specs on Polarisman.com but the SP model isnt listed. The paint schemes are different from the plain xcr440 shown. So does anyone know the scoop on this sled. Does it have the same rear skid. The sled doesnt label it is the Xtra-10 skid... so what is it??? We are going to pick up a service manual but wanted to tinker a little...

L8R,
Darkstar[/quote]

95 XLT Special
88 Saffari 377
89 Saffari Saga 377

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ROFL True NiceOrange, and thanks Polarisman that is what I was noticing searching the web last night. He didnt realize when he bought it that he was getting the edge setup. What a lucky guy.. Is it the same as the edge skid on 2001 and 2002... Gotta make sure it eats our other buddies ZR440 for breakfast lunch and dinner.. They both just upgraded from early 90's sleds and the challenges have begun. We just got our first actual snow in Central MN. Just a dusing but at least it's starting...

L8R,
Darkstar

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
The 1999 edge racer has the same chassis as the 2001 and 2002 Edge machines, not the Pro-X machines.

"Might Be Crazy But I Ain't Dumb" - Cooter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts