Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for any and all information on 2000 Polaris 800 twin cranks. I recently purchased an 800 RMK, with 1400 miles. I love the sled, but am beginning to hear stories about how week the 2000 cranks were, and to sooner or later expect a melt down. I have scoured the internet, looked at all of the Polaris recalls, and can find nothing supporting these claims. Does anyone know whether this is just garbage talk or whether I need to be concerned about this engine. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I've never heard of that, but I'm a yammi boy. I know the yamaha initiated a recall on their '98 SRX cranks due to problems like that tho, I would think that polaris would do the same. makes sense to me anyways. still tho, P-man will probably be able to tell ya right away.

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I currently run a 2000 800RMK w/144" and I have never heard about any crank problems or had any for that matter so I would be tempted to blow it off as trash talk. Just run good synthetic oil and make sure your coolant is good and you should enjoy years of riding to the top of what ever you want.

Regards,
Nathan

Alaska The Great Land!!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I haven't heard anything either. IMO i think it was just some guys who got a lemon or are trash talking, but if it makes you feel better, the USA-built twins have the strongest crankshaft Polaris has ever made for consumers. IMO.

I know what it feels like to be worried about the cranks. I twisted the crank in my XCR 600 and it was NOT a good experience. $600 dollars later, i was driving it again, but i was deftly afraid to use it, worried something bad would happen again. So I sold it, and bought my first USA twin and I haven't had a single problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts