Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This summer when I pulled the pipe off my 1200 to get it fixed I got the lovely surprise of antifreeze in the pipe. I finally got it in the shop and got the head pulled off to see what I could find. I figured atleast a couple people on here would be interested to see inside a 240+hp motor so I snapped a few pictures.

Domes and head
20101220143358296_3462.jpg

PTO wash
20101220143455578_3462.jpg

Center wash
20101220143543921_3462.jpg

Mag wash
20101220143640156_3462.jpg

Exhaust
20101220143740203_3462.jpg

Intake
2010122014382878_3462.jpg

20101220143915421_3462.jpg

20101220144020515_3462.jpg

2010122014411493_3462.jpg

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Yikes!!!

Good thing you pulled the pipe to find it, instead of finding it the expensive way..

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
98700xc said:
Piston fuel wash looks good[thumb]
Thats exactly what I thought when I opened it up, I have checked the wash before through the spark plug hole and exhaust port but with the head off it so much easier to see. I definitely have my jetting correct.

Empire087 said:
Leaky head gasket? What all is done to that?

There are no head gaskets. They are o ringed heads. The only thing I can think of is a leaky o ring. There wasnt much antifreeze in the pipe, just a little, and the transfer ports are dry so it has to be coming from up top. I am replacing all three o rings on each cylinder.

Its completely custom built, I posted the pictures for people in the know to check out the porting.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
looks good! them little tiny triple ports are so cute! find a tool and "hog" them suckers open and let the beast breath!!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I was just admiring how cute the porting is, my 700 has bigger imtake ports. Dremel those little guys open and see what 250hp is like.lol. Wash sure does look good for each cylinder too. Nice work only beat me to a watercraft motor for now. I will join the club soon.........dam wedding expenses.

Cheers

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
there is lots to be cut coming from the triple port on the outside of the cylinder, and you can narrow up that bridge some between the boost and main exhaust port. you cant take the boost exhaust to far back or you get a short circut(i know a very handsome guy in mn. on this site that learned that lesson) to the front primary transfer port. but you can narrow up the bridge between the front and rear transfers. you dont want to get to narrow on the bridge where your ring ends are.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There will be no porting done this season for sure. Just plan on getting it up and running. It needs a new track and different carbs first before I do anymore porting.

You better have one soon Jonesie! Hell I may have 2 before you even get one! ;)

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes I run a 2" paddle, its too soft though, all it does is fold over under power/acceleration. I am going to a 2"-2.25" finger track when I find one.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
You must have a stock RMK track just like I had on my RMK, anything but pure soft powder and it would fold right over. But given your geographical position, skip the finger track Tim, go find an A20 and run it backwards. Then next summer tear the top end off again and send the cylinders to Jon so he can do a little cleaning.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
i wouldnt do any porting on an engine that is already making good power.

put the money into other things to help put power to the ground.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got new o-rings for it today. The cylinder to head o-rings are crazy expensive! Maybe I will get a early day off work this weekend and get it back together if not then next weekend I will for sure.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
the_hog said:
Got new o-rings for it today. The cylinder to head o-rings are crazy expensive! Maybe I will get a early day off work this weekend and get it back together if not then next weekend I will for sure.
did you get polaris orings? sometimes the cometic orings fit a little nicer and most of the time are cheaper. I hate using the polaris ones on the xcr's becuase its like they are a tiny bit to small, so you have to use cold stiff grease to hold them in place.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Polaris OEM o-rings. Dealer had them and I didnt feel like ordering cometics and waiting.

powersledder said:
I still think you need to haul that thing over to the yoop. Bring it on over in Febuary and kick Kieth's ass, then beat him in a race too.

Yeah right, nothing can compete with the almighty M8, plus the yoop is way to far to haul a sled. Specially when this year is shaping up to be an excellent for us Nodakers right here at home.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
yep^^ kind of hard to spend time and money in a vehicle on the years you can ride close to or right from home.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts