Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 Artic Cat 550 Cougar. I just replaced both drive shaft bearings and replaced the driveshaft with a used one. Both drive cogs look good and have not been removed. For some reason one row of the inside drive lugs on the track are getting some wear on the top. I am guessing the the driveshaft is not lined up perfect. What is the best way to align the drive shaft to the suspension inside the tunnel? I would have thought if my drive shaft was off I would have at least one more row of lugs with wear on top. I have tightned my track to specs so I know it's not loose. I would figure if the track was racheting I would hear it and have more than one row of lugs with wear on top. One thing I did notice if I am sitting on machine the left side is closer to the hifax than the back. The right side is farther away front and back? Any ideas? Could one of the boggie wheels cause this some how? I looked at everything including straps and I dont see anything in the way of that row of lugs that could wear into them. I want to get this fixed before it becomes a big issue. I adjusted track at back left to right. Please give me some ideas!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts