Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as some you might have read in my little off topic thread about a certain ebay member, I bought some ZR 800 bars for my 1990 Indy 650. Well I got them installed today. They look alot better than stock and I am sure once I get a chance to ride with them on I will like them much better than the old stock one.

Ran into a few problems, throttle cable is too short, the hood closes but the cable is stretched tight. I already ordered a new extended cable from Student Driver. Also had to relocate my dimmer switch, the wiring wouldnt reach. Just moved it down some on the down bar as you can see. As you can see I need a cross bar pad. I just order a black and red cross bar pad off of ebay.

Here are some pictures. The bars are just kinda mock up on there right now. I need to get some glue for the hand warmers. The grips are just slid on to see what they look like. I also plan to add a 3 inch block riser after I get the extended cable.

[attachment=56342]

[attachment=56343]

[attachment=56344]

[attachment=56345]

[attachment=56346]

[attachment=56347]

[attachment=56348]

[attachment=56349]

[attachment=56350]

Stock

[attachment=56351]

[attachment=46377]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
looks good. can we get a pic to compare stock to the current ones?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
That looks so much better than stock.

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
Looks pretty good. Seems like a nice upgrade...I was never a fan of the bars on the wedge chassis sleds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts