Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just picked up a 1.5 inch track for dirt cheap, and i want to put it on my sled. is there any modification i have to make to make it fit? thanks!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a 1.5" in my Ultra and it seems to work fine. Although, I bought the sled that way and I haven't examined any of the clearances.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
If it's your 92' you'll need 8 tooth drivers bud. I just got done with a similar project.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
I just had to take the tunnel protectors of my 95 XCR to make a 1.5 fit. "8 inch susp"

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Originally posted by RMK-KING
[br]I just had to take the tunnel protectors of my 95 XCR to make a 1.5 fit. "8 inch susp"
He needs to measure. On my RXL I measured and it definitely would have hit even with a 1.25".

·
Registered
46 Posts
i gotta 1 inch hacksaw track and 1.075 studs will there be clearence or do i have to get smaller drivers and remove the tunnel protectors

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Originally posted by inlineguy
[br]i gotta 1 inch hacksaw track and 1.075 studs will there be clearence or do i have to get smaller drivers and remove the tunnel protectors
Your 1" hacksaw and studs should be fine with no mods needed.[:)] Tunnel protectors should never be removed when using studs.[;)]

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just put a 1.25 track on a 92' indy 500 yesterday..... "If it's your 92' you'll need 8 tooth drivers bud. I just got done with a similar project" I Concur, the 1.25 is a tight fit so a 1.5 will very likely have issues.....

·
Registered
127 Posts
im thinking of putting either a 1 inch or 1.25" on mine with studs but im not sure of the studs on the 1.25 i have a 95 xlt with xtra 12

1 - 9 of 9 Posts