Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How difficult is it to install a reverse kit in a 1996 Storm? Is this a shade tree mechanic job or is there more to it? Are there any negative side affects of doing this?
I was thinking of this kit: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2432958342&category=42608
Anyone know the part number of the reverse gear they mention in the ad?

Thanks,
Ray

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
All i can say is if the 96 reverse is the same as the 95, I had a heckuva time getting the piece that pulls the gears inside the chaincase to grab. I finally said reverse... i dont need no stinkin reverse. I pulled the reverse out of my XLT and sold it. Saves weight too... I am sure if i spent enough time i would have gotten it to work right but I didnt really like how it worked and felt that it was just another part that could break. The newer reverse systems are much better.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply...It seems like I may skip this mod! Any one else have a better experience?

Ray

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I believe it is the same mechanical reverse up until the perc system...

·
Registered
608 Posts
I myself, could not possibly live without reverse anymore. If you have any mechanical ability you can handle it. As far as the reverse gear they are talking about I would have to see the kit the most expensive gear is about $130.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
^^I'm not going to get into it with you but I have plenty of mechanical ability...[B)]

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting...anyone maybe have a link to either some install pictures or directions??

·
Registered
608 Posts
Darkstar My post was for the Grinch, I in no way ment to belittle your abilities. I only intended on encouraging him to add the kit if he desired. I offer you my most humblest apologies.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
^^All good Zackattack
I must have been having a bad day :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts