Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to put a clutch kit on my 97 mxz 670 and was wondering how I do that. Is there a way to install the kit without buying a clutch spring compressor. I have the puller and was wondering if I have to buy another tool to install the clutch kit? Also what do you think of the EPI kit?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Drive clutch: clutch holder, puller, spring compressor (only if changing spring), button holders (3). Button holders stop the buttons from flying apart.
Driven: spring compressor for disassembly.
My advice is get the tools. They make it soooo much easier. Besides you'll use them more than once. I guess you could use a threaded rod or long bolt if you felt like making a spring compressor.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
^^^ You will need to at least make your own spring compressor AND have button holders. All thread rod a couple big washes and bolts will do ya for a compressor. Check out dootalk for a how to on TRA clutches and doo secondary's.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is a clutch kit worth it? Heres the deal just bought the sled and havent ridden it yet but am still thinking about clutching it. Dont ask why and it might be a bad idea but this has been rattling in my head for some time. Is it a good idea to ride the sled first. A kit is only going to improve the sled RIGHT?

·
Registered
707 Posts
I would ride it first. Then see what it is doing or figure out what you want it to do. Then you can go in the right direction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts