Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to install the 92 Octane head on my 02 440ProX LQ, Do I need to rejet for this if so what Jet's do you guys recomend, I will also be installing a tempa flow shortly.

Any other advice for changing heads.

·
Registered
215 Posts
When you buy the low octane head kit from your dealer all of the information and needed parts are included.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, the head came with the sled, and that's all I have.

Another guy told me 320 Main's, Pull the needle up one, and then change clutch weights.

What is meant by pulling the needle up one?

What wiehgts are recommended, would the dealer know?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Your dealer will be able to pull up all the information from Polaris and make sure you get it right.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I believe that the weights are S49. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that is what came with my trail head kit when I bought it.

As for dealers knowing anything about race sleds, good luck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys, ProX, is that a tank off of a Fan Cooled, did it just fit right on?

·
Registered
48 Posts
what kind of head is it...if its SLP, you can go right to there web sight for all specs needed with that head

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wicked, I actually went into the polaris dealer and the parts guy was awesome, he took about an hour out of his time to track everything down for me, I got new O-Rings, Gasket, Head Cover, and S-49H weights, and I ordered in 310, 320 and 330 Jets.

While I was there, he also found out for me that polaris made a trail tank for that sled, so I ordered one of those too.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Thats awesome that your dealer took the time to figure it all out. We we right, most dealers don't know that much about them, but if they are smart and good they have the resources to figure the stuff out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
True that Ripperd!! I do count myself lucky.

Just thank god that the guys behind the counter enjoy getting the parts for me as much as I like receiving them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts