Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so my sled was running perfectly fine when I parked it, now a few days later I cant seem to touch the throttle without it sputtering, flooding, then killing. I changed the plugs thinking they may be fouled, but that wasn't it. Could this just be attributed to bad gas? Any other suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
choke maybe i know my zrt 800 is real bad for sticking choke in fact i ended up disconnecting it all together because i would have it set and running great for a week or to then it was back to @#$%^up and usually at the most awkward time turnd out to be a little bur in the cable that would snag i don't know on newer sleds mine is a 96 the other thing is how are your reeds,is that fuel injected ?could be pump pressure is off i don't know just couple ideas if you have not thought of them before

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Turn off the fuel shut-off when the sled is not in use.. If the problem goes away, then it's a needle/seat issue.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mudthug said:
choke maybe i know my zrt 800 is real bad for sticking choke
Mine is EFI, I got some newer higher octane gas to mix in with the older gas, it seems to be running a little better but still cant seem to drive further than maybe 10 yards before it starts to flood again. Right now I am convinced its a gas problem, but does that seem right?? Its like its just not combusting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts