Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had full coverage on my xc800 $230 and liability on my 670 $50 for two years, $280 all together. Paid off my 800 this summer saw no reason to keep the insurance on it, no loan, safe storage, so I let it expire. Went to renew the policy for this winter they said it would be $809 for the 800 and $63 for the 670. What the F#!k are they thinking, she said it was a year policy and this can't be renewed for the same rate after I let it expire. So to make a long story short, who knows of an insurance company with good rates for smowmobilers. Thanks, Jason

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Wow $809 for insurance. I would also say time to find a new insurance co. Sounds like you made them mad as hell by letting it expire. Doesn't sound like they want your business too bad. Riley

·
Registered
273 Posts
At least you can actually put insurance on that 800. Around here no insurance company will even insure a sled over 600cc. It's kinda dumb, but there have been a lot of accidents in the last few years.

·
Registered
412 Posts
There's been a lot of posts about the major increases in insurance rates and speculation about why they went up so much; 9-11, too many lawsuits and claims, etc. How about the fact that the stock market where they invest their money hasn't been doing so well for the last couple of years, so the shareholders aren't making their usual huge dividends? Now they'll gouge us to make up for it.

Jacqui.

·
Registered
155 Posts
You just have to shop around bud. I have had the same company for years and my 800XC costs me $89 year and that is full coverage. Yes, that is $89 dollars. I also have my car insurance through them and that my help a bit. I haven't had any accidents either. Just keep shopping around.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Good luck my insurance for a 600 ZRT shot up this year.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My MXZ was $800 last year through "Corporate 4." This year my policy was picked up by "Foremost" and they charged $500.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Kuyps, whats's work out to be in US dollars, $6? Although I admit I may have a decimal in the wrong place.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have been shopping around for about a month and the best rates I have seen are through POLARIS. They offer comp and collision on all brands of snowmobiles other toys. Just go to the Polaris web site and go to insurance. You can do it all online.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FrozenSmile, who would that mystery company be that you are getting insurance from for $89, and telephone number if available.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Originally posted by KUYPS
[br]ya thats cheap my brother got a fire cat 700 and for full coverage it was 3,495 a year canadian.
The time I pay that much for insurance is the time I stop snowmobiling.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts