Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[10pt]I have not had a claim on my auto insurance, snowmobiles, or house for the last 5 years. That was an auto wreck that was my fault on black ice. That was when I was with Allstate. We had changed insurance companies last year, big mistake, tried to save a few buckos.....

We have very little snow here in NH....I have a 3+ acre pasture for our horses, which still has 3-4 inches of snow...good hard packed base. I was tooling around Sunday night and hit a post that I did not see...it was broken and I had not fixed it. I slammed into doing around 35-40 and it caught my belly pan...missed all suspension though.....spun me around pretty good.....got tossed...did not get hurt. F'd up the belly pan and messed up some hinges and actually pushed into my manifold pipe which got squished a bit..

Called Progressive today.....they took my info. A very polite guy calls me back. Asking all these questions....then says, "well, it is hard to figure out what really happened since you were alone." I told him that I was riding on my own property, and my wife and daughter were out for the day/evening. He then asks if it was registered. I told him that is was not, since the trails were closed and was not planning on going anywhere soon.....last year I registered all the sleds and trailer...and out 27 miles on my sled......

He was very "wiley" on the questions he asked...almost as if I was trying to put one over on him........damn...that is why we buy insurance....kinda of pissed me off. After this is over and done with, I think I will put my cars, sleds, trailers, and house all back with Allstate. Trashed an SUV 5 years ago.......no questions, no BS.[/font=Tahoma][/10pt][/color=darkblue]

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
No personal experience, but my buddy crashed his sled, and he got the same thing, no witnesses, so They will not issue money as The damage could have been caused on purpose.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jesse500 said:
No personal experience, but my buddy crashed his sled, and he got the same thing, no witnesses, so They will not issue money as The damage could have been caused on purpose.
Are you saying he did not collect???

·
Registered
393 Posts
Insurance companies are all the same.License to steal.Never put a claim in myself but you get one %$#@ing ticket for anything and up go your rates.Only thing auto insurance is good for is if heaven forbid you should hurt someone accidentally.As far as collision if you do in fact put a claim in rest assured you,ll be paying for it later.[Disappointed]

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
My dad has been with Nationwide since he was 16 he is now 53. He has had 2 claims in his life and both times he has been taken care of with no questions asked. My step brother asked him once before why he would pay so much for insurance and then he got into an accident (he had Geico at the time) and they wouldn't give him half of what the car was worth. I actually got my sled insured today and the insurance agent says to me I haven't had to do a claim for your father in almost 20 years, last time he did file one was for hitting a deer. My dad told me once before to never switch insurance companies to try and save a few bucks because it will be a big fiasco if something were to happen.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
XCSPDUDE said:
jesse500 said:
After he priced out what it would cost to fix, versus his deductible or whatever and what his insurance would go up (he only has his sled & car in his name-18 year old kid) it was not worth it.

He broke the front bumper, belly pan, cracked hood bad, dented pipe, broke both skis, 1 trailing arm, 2 radius rods, 1 tie-rod @ broke the trailing arm bolt tube under the footrest.

The guy told him, your sled could have been rolled before for all we know, and not worth contacting us, so you drove it into a tree at a high rate of speed, or the motor failed and you purposely made it hit something, so you could collect the $5000 it is covered for ($3500 snowmobile on the market today) since you have no proof it was an accident, we cannot validate this claim.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jesse500 said:
XCSPDUDE said:
jesse500 said:
After he priced out what it would cost to fix, versus his deductible or whatever and what his insurance would go up (he only has his sled & car in his name-18 year old kid) it was not worth it.

He broke the front bumper, belly pan, cracked hood bad, dented pipe, broke both skis, 1 trailing arm, 2 radius rods, 1 tie-rod @ broke the trailing arm bolt tube under the footrest.

The guy told him, your sled could have been rolled before for all we know, and not worth contacting us, so you drove it into a tree at a high rate of speed, or the motor failed and you purposely made it hit something, so you could collect the $5000 it is covered for ($3500 snowmobile on the market today) since you have no proof it was an accident, we cannot validate this claim.
That blows

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
XCSPDUDE said:
jesse500 said:
XCSPDUDE said:
jesse500 said:

That blows
his wallet agrees with you!

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Our experience through the fire service is that Progressive is perhaps the worst insurance company for paying out claims when it comes to a car accident or vehicle fire. They may be a few dollars cheaper than some of the other companies but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
brian126 said:
Our experience through the fire service is that Progressive is perhaps the worst insurance company for paying out claims when it comes to a car accident or vehicle fire. They may be a few dollars cheaper than some of the other companies but you get what you pay for.
I was just thinking that tomorrow, I am going to bring all my policies back to Allstate.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just got online and checked out some reviews/scores for insurance companies. Progressive is one of the poorest reviews out of all of them. So much negative about not wanting to pay. Unbelieveable....I am getting my boxing gloves on and ready to rumble.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Simply have your lawyer make a call to them, they will pay right up!!!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
My buddy has Am. Fam. and he totalled his 2005 Ski-Doo 800 Renegade w/4500 miles and they gave him $6100 for it. Saps.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Am. fam. here. Never had any issues like above. They pay. No questions asked.I would be contacting a lawyer about this.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I've never had trouble with progressive, they have treated myself and my family very fairly when we've had claims. I did however, have a few friends that were adjusters ;)

·
Registered
94 Posts
We have also had good luck with Progressive, but have been with them for about 10 years. My wife's '98 Civic had hail damage so they wrote me a check to fix it. They gave me more than I could have sold the car for at the time. [thumb] I could care less what it looks like so I never fixed it and still drive it today to keep miles off my truck. I'm not saying they are perfect by any means, but in my experience Progressive was good to work with...

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've had good luck with auto-owners, parents were with them for 19 years and I got the same rep as them. Car was keyed last year all down the side, hood, roof, and trunk deck, estimated to be 3k in paint and body repairs. Faxed over the estimate to the rep and the next day received a $3500 check in the mail that covered all the repairs, my $250 comprehensive deductible and a new headlight and tail light. They also insure our sleds and I'm sure we would not have any problems.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
As stated above, talk to a lawyer. Also, you might want to consider filing a complaint with the Better Business Bur. I know some might disagree and say it is a waste of time but you insurance company has already wasted some of your time and taken your money. While you are writting, write one to you states insurance regulatory commission. They would be very interested to know about the predatory practices this insurance company seems to be engaged in.

You never know, your complaint might be the straw that breaks the camels back.

PS. If I were in your shoes and had to go to a lawyer, I would be asking for every penny of premiums paid be returned-with interest if possible!

1,792 Posts
jesse500 said:
I've had good luck with State Farm. Years ago, hit a piece of steel lying in the freeway, after I hit it with the front tire, it bounced up and dented the bottom edge of the fender. No police report filed, no grief with reimbursement.
(of course I had few claims filed with them at the time and since)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I have State Farm for my auto and sled policies. No problems at all.

I was a dumb aZZ and almost took the door off my truck with my tractor and baler. They paid for it without a peep. No accident report required.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts