Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some general insurance questions...searching did not answer them. VAST now requires insurance to ride in Vermont. Every time I call to get an insurance quote they ask what state I am in (Connecticut). I guess I am asking if I need to insurance in Vermont to ride VAST trails. I plan to register in VT, not in CT. I would assume I just need to show my policy from CT and VT will grant a VAST pass...correct?

One more question...if I were to let someone else drive the sled...would they be insured too? Does the insurance stay with the sled or the driver?

Thanks,
Ray

·
Registered
36 Posts
Why don't you ask the insurance company why they want to know? In Canada all sleds require insurance unless you are operating it soley on your own property. The insurnce is on the machine not the person so any one with a valid driver licence is is insured on your sled.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply....anyone else have any more input before I call Foremost and get liability for it. Thanks.

Ray

·
Registered
363 Posts
within the past day, I got insurance from Vermont, I also am in CT, near Bristol actually, the number for the place I got it from is 802-626-3354. Tell them that the sled is kept indoors in Vermont, you'll need an address of someone that lives there, I used one of my aunt's cabin address. You'll need the ID number for the sled too. Tell them you have lots of experience snowmobiling, all you need is the most basic cheapest liability, its not like anything really of value is going to be destroyed in the woods, other than somone else's sled if they were to run into you or something, thats all I can think of, I hoped that helped alittle.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
How much is it, average, im in connecticut, near enfield, and my dads friend owns a house up there, Danville, and we go ridingh up there alot, do you have to leave your sled up there if you give them the address?

I also see your an Auto Technician which is exactly what i want to be, where did you go for school, NETI?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys...well I called Foremost yesterday and picked up just liability for 99 bucks a year. I think this is a good price for a 23 year old with a 800cc machine. Foremost was great to work with.

Ray

·
Registered
363 Posts
Thats a real good deal, whats the number for Foremost? I got quoted at 320 for a XC 700 and I'm 21. umm, I actually went to Naugatuck Valley Community College in Waterbury CT, they offer an Associats degree in automotive technology. Its alot better than just a certificate program at a place like Porter and Chester and places like those, trust me, it helps having a degree over a certificate when trying to find a job. oh, and I don't just plan on riding in Veromont, it justs make the insurance company happy to hear what they want to hear, they can't make you stay in one state, that would be ludacris.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Cool, theres not any community colleges around here that offer the Auto Tech classes so im limited.
Thanks for the info on the insurance.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can call Foremost at: 1-800-903-8104

They quoted me something like $325 for a full policy with collision, fire, theft, etc...but I decided to go with just the liability.

Ray

1 - 9 of 9 Posts