Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much would insurance cost for a 2009 mxz renegade. im 20 and i just want theft and if i crash it. would i not be covered if i crash it? not sure how it works because i dont need insurance in my state but i was just curious how much it would cost. im really lookin into geting a newer rev and i think it would be worth it to get insurance becuase if something happens to it, it wouldnt be too bad. i have friends that have had 4 wheelers stolen a few years ago and they are still paying for them and a sled is worth more then a quad is, for the most part at least.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Not too sure how CT compares with MA, but I paid around $230 a year for full coverage on my 06 when it was new. I was 19 at the time.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think the best answer to this question would be call ur insurance company and find out. Everybody is going to say sumthin different and who knows if it will be correct.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i just tried an online quote at progressive and it was 2000 a year. i was like thats twice as much as my cars insurance is. what does insurace cover, is it pretty much like a car.

88400 i go to school in eastwindsor, im in suffield right now. small world, where do u ride, i cant believe how little snow there is here.

·
Registered
369 Posts
http://sledinsure.com/ I went with them because i do not have homeowners insurance and my car insurance does not cover sleds. I pay $250 a year for my viper and I'm 22. I got a quote from Allstate that was over $400 for the same coverage. If you have a loan on your sled I am pretty sure You have to have insurance for them to give you the loan. Yours will prob be higher because it is a newer sled. God luck.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
^^^you got the lite?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yeah Idk man, i would jus keep checkin around and see what you can find out. I guess I pay $490 for a year and that is full coverage.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
State farm is usually reasonable,I pay $280 a yr for full on my 09.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
polarisripper28 said:
well i just tried an online quote at progressive and it was 2000 a year. i was like thats twice as much as my cars insurance is. what does insurace cover, is it pretty much like a car.

88400 i go to school in eastwindsor, im in suffield right now. small world, where do u ride, i cant believe how little snow there is here.
You go to Baran... er, Lincoln? I live literally about a minute from campus. Believe it or not this has been the norm for the past 3-4 years, I trailer up to VT to do all of my riding.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I pay 175 per sled per year. That's full coverage with American Family. My rates might be a little cheaper than some because I have my house, boat, and both vehicles through them as well. Oh and life insurance with them too. Plus I'm married and 31

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
120 a year for full coverage. Everybody's rates are going to be different, so you need to call them for quotes.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok. i was just making sure that is wasnt 2000 like my online quote. thanks guys

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Teicherc said:
I think the best answer to this question would be call ur insurance company and find out.
That would be the best thing to do. Often there are multi-line discounts available say for example if you have your car insurance or renter's insurance with them. You may also want to ask them the cost of a slightly higher policy that would give you full coverage, that would help cover a loss should something happen when the sled is in summer storage.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Sled insurance just like all forms of insurance is based on a variety of factors. Things like tickets and accidents, your credit score, age, gender, other family members, other products insured with same company all make a big difference.

As far as coverages, the liability portion works just like it would on your car. You hit and injure or kill someone or damage their sled, your insurance pays up to your limits. Comprehensive coverage covers a set of named perils, in general theft, wind/hail and fire, animal collisions and flying objects. Collision covers anything you run into thats either another sled, vehicle or attached to the ground. There are usually other options as well. We offer included coverage for safety equipment like your helmet which needs to be replaced after a crash, you can add coverage for your trailer and other accessories as well.

1,792 Posts
brian126 said:
Teicherc said:
I think the best answer to this question would be call ur insurance company and find out.
That would be the best thing to do. Often there are multi-line discounts available say for example if you have your car insurance or renter's insurance with them. You may also want to ask them the cost of a slightly higher policy that would give you full coverage, that would help cover a loss should something happen when the sled is in summer storage.

My insurance company told me when I got coverage that the full coverage lasts the year, but the monthly rate charged changes from month to month - with most being charged Jan-March, and the least (only a couple bucks per month) being charged during the summer.

I got the insurance because I put too much time and work into returning my sled to perfect cosmetic and mechanical condition to chance being hit by the riders who can't ride. I told my insurance company I paid more for it than I did so it'd help cover my loses. And it still came in at well under $200/yr, with 2 cars , homeowners, and personal property coverage with them also.

·
Registered
586 Posts
BAMT700 said:
http://sledinsure.com/ I went with them because i do not have homeowners insurance and my car insurance does not cover sleds. I pay $250 a year for my viper and I'm 22. I got a quote from Allstate that was over $400 for the same coverage. If you have a loan on your sled I am pretty sure You have to have insurance for them to give you the loan. Yours will prob be higher because it is a newer sled. God luck.
not neccessarily. on most cars and trucks, but not on all powersports. at least in wisconsin
polarisripper28 said:

progressive is gay. I checked with them when i bought my rocket and they wanted 1800 for 6 months!!! call state farm, i've always been treated well by them. BTW i pay $230 for full on my 09

·
Registered
521 Posts
State Farm is a good company to insure motorcycles with if you have another car with them. They offer some kind of legacy motorcycle product that basically doesnt charge what a company needs to to make money on a motorcycle especially a street bike. I dont think State Farm will allow someone to just insure a motorcycle, there must be a supporting auto to get those rates. When you think about it, motorcycles and sleds should cost a significant amount to insure as the liability exposure on the two is massive. 450-500 lb machines with 120-175hp and often inexperienced riders, and extreme weather conditions is just begging for a massive claim.

1,792 Posts
points said:
State Farm is a good company to insure motorcycles with if you have another car with them. They offer some kind of legacy motorcycle product that basically doesnt charge what a company needs to to make money on a motorcycle especially a street bike. I dont think State Farm will allow someone to just insure a motorcycle, there must be a supporting auto to get those rates. When you think about it, motorcycles and sleds should cost a significant amount to insure as the liability exposure on the two is massive. 450-500 lb machines with 120-175hp and often inexperienced riders[/color=green], and extreme weather conditions is just begging for a massive claim.

That reminds me, when I got insurance, they referenced an outdated chart for horsepower. Must've been what sleds produced back in the '70s. LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts