Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering who you guys use for insurance in the Michigan area? Should I list my sleds address as my cottage's? I have a quote for my 2000 Triumph (600 cc triple) for $425 comp/collision with a $500 deductible. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Well im in MI and i use my state farm agent that i also have my vehicles insured with. for my 2000 Triumph with full coverage i pay $335.60 per year. If i remember correctly that is with a $500 deductable. As for the address i cant help ya there but heres a tip that might get you in a little cheaper.

When the insurance company asks what size engine you have if the actual displacement is lower than the advertised displacement tell them actual. I have my sled insured as a 2000 Polaris 597cc's. When they enter this into their computer those 3 cc's keep the sled insurance cost down in most cases because 600cc's and above are normally more expensive to insure. But as long as the number you give them is correct there isnt anything they can do about it. And as long as the number is below that certain number the computer doesnt care if its a 500 or a 599 cc engine. Well at least that is how i kept my costs down a little bit

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts