Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting back into the snowmobile scene and just purchased a new 2001 Arctic Cat ZR800. How much should I expect to pay for insurance for this sled (clean record)? Any tips to keep insurance costs to a minimum? Any suggestions on places to try?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
My 2002 ZR 800 EFI costs me $380 a year with full coverage. I am 20 years old and have a good record, and am single. Yours should be similar to this. Oh and my company is Auto Owners Insurance.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome to the forum ZR800. IA is right. The only factors you should worry about are your age and if you took a snowmobile safety course.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ride Snowmobiles, baseball, bowling, and golf require only ONE ball!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Oh and if you want your rates to drop alot.....just get married, works wonders!!!

·
Registered
589 Posts
I pay a little over $100 for insurance for each of my sleds. Full coverage since I purchased them new. Never had a claim though - juse have it in case for liability, theft, or severe damage. (Tree at 100mph)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I talked to my insurance company this morning. Full coverage is about $260/yr and they don't like it if you cancel for the summer. I'm not going to hit any trees during the summer!!!! So I ask how much comprehensive coverage is for the summer. She can't give me a price. In the spring I'd have to call up and get approval to go down to comprehensive, so I've got to play stupid games every year to insure my sled. Why can't it be an automatic thing where it automatically goes to comprehensive in April or something? Do they really expect me to crash the damned thing in July?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I think you can blame the grass drags for this....people who do that probably want it all year.

·
Registered
162 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by intendedacceleration:

My 2002 ZR 800 EFI costs me $380 a year with full coverage. I am 20 years old [/quote]
I'd gladly pay $380 if I could be 20 yrs old again.

'02 550 SuperSport

·
Registered
311 Posts
I would expect around $300 shop around. Most companies will not insure just a sled you need to have other policies with them for them to insure a sled or the rate can be very high.

"Meaningless Ride"

·
Registered
278 Posts
I just received quotes from 4 companies today. The range was crazy, one company said for anything over 650 CCs their rates start at about $600.00, I hung up the phone immediately. One company does'nt do anything over 700CCs. The company I have my cars, boat and house with quoted me $290.00 for my ZL800 and $40.00 for liability on my 88 ElTigre. Then I called the agent that the Pres of my club recommended. $177.00 per year for both sleds, full coverage with $250.00 deductable on the 800 and liability on the 529 ElTigre. I'm calling him back tomorrow and sending in the check!
I'll find out tomorrow if they can write out of state policies.

RtkatZL8

·
Registered
278 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by wryjoker:

$177. sounds almost too good. What were the policy limits?

"Meaningless Ride"[/quote]

The limits are 100k / 300k with the 800 valued at $7700.00 to replace it.

RtkatZL8

·
Registered
311 Posts
That is too good, perhaps once you get insured you would be willing to share the name of the company? For those who might be interested too.

I have to keep mine where it is for now. I do not think my wife would be faverable of me switching to one of her competitors.

"Meaningless Ride"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts