Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 340 enticer that needs work; (been sitting, bent ski from being clipped w/a pickup truck while stored that I know of)
I am figuring the fuel system is shot on the Enticer; needs carb rebuild etc at a minimum;
I know of an 80? (I think that's the year listed in the ad) Exciter available w/new belly pan and other parts but a supposedly blown engine.
I am going to be bringing the Enticer home tomorrow to evaluate it to see if it's "worth" fixing; if so I will call the ad on the Exciter as a parts machine; would skis, carb., ignition (I assume this isn't points?) etc interchange between these 2 sleds? the Enticer I am also guessing its age is early 80s. Color is burgundy/maroon and doesn't look repainted; can that help ID a year? Once I get it home I will run the numbers and see exactly what it is....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nobody knows, if a same (or close) year Exciter and Enticer parts will interchange??

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well it may be a moot point; I brought it home and it's seized; I have a mix of tranny fluid and WD40 in the cyls that will hopefully free it up;

·
Registered
269 Posts
well thats a bummer no aint it :p. check out totally yamaha they got lots of info for this kind of stuff. and here is a link to a parts break down.
http://www.babbittsonline.com/default.aspx?http=404
will give ya an idea of break down and i believe part #'s.
hope this helps ya :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well I got it free; there may be hope; ATF in the plug holes and WD40 overnight, pull start and elec start "fail" but I pulled the starter housing and a big pr of vise grips on teh startr cup and it's free; I put more oil in the cyls and cranked w/ the elec starter; then took comperssion; I got 135 and 140
now to see if I can free up the carb.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK that Exciter seller flaked out on me; so in the meantime I found a 79, 300 Enticer "parts sled" that turned out to be in much better shape than my 80 340; it was less work to take parts from the 340 and put onto the 300; so I swapped the engine, wiring harness, and "Deluxe" stuff (elec start related parts mainly) over to the 300; I'm a carb cleaning, new fuel lines, and a seat away from having a machine I can just "cruise around" on; Oh and now we are "short" the most important part of riding a snowmobile; SNOW! a couple days above average temps and a day's worth of rain-deluge took care of "that".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts