Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
if i were you i would rent one out in the mountains because studs wouldn't matter and a 500 wouldn't get you many places. just my 2

·
Super Moderator
11,293 Posts
500-600 liquid minimum..100+hp to get around good

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Your sled would work just fine, in spring time conditons
You could get around and get a taste of what it is all about. Yes your sled is no mountian sled, but I've also ran with some impressive long track Phazers back in the day, they have the whole being light thing working for em.
While everyones posts have some truth to them, they may not have rode the mountians with old 70's and 80's sleds, no paddles, no long track, and fan cooled
People have to remember that stock mountain sleds have only been built for a little over 10 years, but people have been rinding mountians for decades
So to answer your question, yes your sled will work fine in the spring conditions, don't expect to get every where, and an actual mountian sled would be better, but pricy

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
you have to remeber that most mountains have trails. and quite a bit too. before me and my friends owned real mt sleds we went around and picked up as many 1970's sleds as we could find. took them up to the mountains and had a blast. mostly stuck around the lake and trails but it was still a blast. you can get around in the snow on (low powder days) but for your sled, it would be a good snow day.

·
Registered
963 Posts
liquid cooled sends a coolant throught the engine so the cylinders are packed tightly together because it stays at one temp and doesn't need much room for change. and fan has more room because it uses a fan to cool and in warm condition thats why it gets boggy. also why they aren't as reliable.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Originally posted by SleD_CrEW
[br]oh .....i feel left out having a fan cooled lol.
http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=53936&hl=lrd
Dont feel too left out you can have some fun on a fan. Take a look at this little guy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.