Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off this is a post i found on another (i know how could i) forum. That being said I did infact read in the latest SNOW Week that polaris is releasing something at Haydays, and the direct quote was a Radically redesigned Front and Rear suspension... That being said everything below here is the OTHER post i found.

"Couldn't wait to get this posted, but I had no computer access until today. I did call a couple Polaris dealers here in Alberta though once I left Minnesota. Was down at the Roseau factory this past Thursday, August 7th. Near the end of the tour, we had the timing of good fortune to witness a chassis being rolled out of the R & D area by a number of Polaris people. Tour guide said it was bad timing on their side, but it was a bueatiful sight Top half of sled was covered up , but bottom half was as clear as day. A-ARM front suspension on a RMK chassis!! 159' track with what looked like the same kickup/skid in back. Didn't get a good look at back of chassis as they wheeled past us with it. Was still stunned by the sighting of the front A-ARM.

Good to see them working around the RMK chassis design. With the spotty snow conditions in much of the Central/eastern Canada and USA the last few years, the Polaris RMK sales are going to take more and more of the overall market share of Polaris's sled sales. Especially new units. With the 50th anniversary set for next June 18,2004 in Roseau, it sure would be nice to be able to talk about a bunch of A-Arm proto RMKs/Pro "X"s running around the mountains and racetracks, this winter of 2003/2004.

Stay tuned RMK riders and Pro "X' riders. When the time is right, you know what's coming.

Gen 2 and Edge owners. Can you feel the depreciation setting in yet? My Indy wedges sitting in summer storage look a whole lot older this weekend. "

I cant wait till Sept 6th...

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
FINALLY...A ARMS...woohoo...for all you guys that think polaris needed a radical face lift and A Arms, this must be the break youve been waiting for...hopefully they dont come out with some ugly radical hood and belly pan design like other manufacturers..

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
did you see anything else besides the chassie?

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
XCracer,

Unfortunately I did not personally see this. This is info i found on another sled forum. but it seems pretty legit.. especially after reading my snoweek it all just seems right. Only time will tell but until sept 6th we can all dream...

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Any doubt in anyone's mind it was gonna have A-arms? Not in mine. We all knew it was coming.

<--- praying the hood & bellypan aren't ugly.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Originally posted by Darkstar
[br]
Gen 2 and Edge owners. Can you feel the depreciation setting in yet? My Indy wedges sitting in summer storage look a whole lot older this weekend. "

I cant wait till Sept 6th...
LOL! Isn't that the truth. My Indy Wedge style is looking so old now, i think i would consider my sled a "classic" from "back-in-the-day" even though it's only 5 yrs. old! [V]

I'll be there at Haydays all weekend with my wallet and digi cam. I'll be sure to take some pics of it. I've been going to Haydays for 6 or 7 years now, i'll never miss it! I understand the layout of the Event is much better this year for the Public, and a re-surfaced drag strip for the racers too. Gets better every year.

As for Polaris, i hope its not just a redesigned front suspension, but rather an entirely new chassis with everything you could want (at least as options), ....and maybe a high performance 4-stroker too....maybe that big twin with Turbo from their PWC line?.. That would be cool.

No matter how you look at it, Polaris has VERY high expectations from all of it's loyalists and competitors this year. Even snowmobile magazines are expecting something special this upcoming year.
It will be much anticipated!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Originally posted by MegaMan
[br]
No matter how you look at it, Polaris has VERY high expectations from all of it's loyalists and competitors this year. Even snowmobile magazines are expecting something special this upcoming year.
Last year magazines figure Polaris was gonna come out with an A-Arm Open Mod like Ski-Doo did.

98mxzx440, how is Polaris not competitive right now? You can't be the top seller of snowmobiles if you aren't...

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
um, megaman just stated his machine is 5 yrs old, and it's still in the "wedge" chassis.

So in 5 years they have gone through the Gen II and the Edge and Pro X. How the hell is that not changing anything or "being competitive"

OH WAIT, the Pro X and the Edge have the same hood. Sorry, that means it's the same sled.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Holy smokes, that's right. Damn, it's almost as though they haven't changed anything since the 1960's. I mean those old colts and TXL's had throttles. Why can't Polaris think of a way so the rider can just think "I want 8000 RPM" and the sled revs? What's wrong with them?

Hopeless company they are.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Originally posted by Bobinwi
[br]LMAO hey now man i still own a txl
I guess you are up to date on Polaris Technology then. No differences between your TXL and my Pro X cuz they both use a throttle. Right on!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
yeah but my txl is faster then your pro x due to the dually modified motor in it. its got a holley carb and i have to fill it up with premium. oh yeah i also run nothing but wiseco muffler bearings and toro 2 cycle oil in it

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Hey Bobby, where can I get some of that Toro 2 cycle oil? I think that is why the Trail (which also uses a throttle) is in such rough shape...

·
Registered
352 Posts
o ya i have a arctic cat kitty cat with a 350 with dual baral carbs with a flowmaster exhause system and a 179 track and plastic composit skies....AND i also have nos on it!!! and is almost the same as my exciterII... its for sale too.....i want $15000.00 firm........ jk lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts