Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of you other sled heads out there that post parts or sleds for sale have been getting the same e mails I have?

I ve gotten about four of them and they all want to buy something I have listed on the internet. The email addres is usually from Europ or the UK. They all say EX: I have a person in the U.S. that owes me x ammount of dollars, I will have them send you the check and you take out what you need and foreward the rest to me.

I know is not only for snowmobiles because I recieved the same message for my snowmobile as I did with a 429 thunderjet block I am selling on another site.

Just wondering if anyone else has gotten the same e mails?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Careful pal.. sounds suspicious... if you get a check..I would make certain the check clears before doing anything. Too many scams out there. I would suggest the person that wants it take care of his own financial owings and keep you out of it. CYA... (Cover Your A$$)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Believe me Im not doing business with any of them.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Yes this has happened to me. About 2 days before i listed my truck I saw this scam on the news here. they send you a money order(which is bogus). Then they will contact you and tell you they had an emergency and need the money right away. People were taking money out of their accounts and sending it to them. Then they get the money order which turns out to be no good. Big scam.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts