Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it durable enough? does anybody ride to music? Chris Burrant says his Mp3 player was his best investment besides his sled and gear? he did not say which mp3 player though, good idea? bad idea? let me know thanks

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I tried it while riding my XLT with the piped 680 and could not hear the music, the sled drowned out the ear phones easily.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I ride with my 60gig video all the time and it holds up just fine... I only have a stock pipe and can, so noise has not been an issue... the only thing that sucks, is when we stop, I cant hear anyone talking without turning it off, or taking off my helmet and removing the ear-buds.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Ive always thought it would distract me. i dont feel like breaking my ipod agin. anyways i like the sound of my can and enjoy listing to it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah ya i didn't think about the stopping thing. that would suck ya my sleds got twin cpi pipes and v-force 3 reeds and cages and a brand new crete motor i prob won't be able to hear it anyway

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
We run with the Chatterboxs so we just hook up to them. Me and 2SEWINGS run the mini disc players and this year Wallygator is trying his MP3 player.
The nice things about the Chatterboxs is that they have their own amplifier in them so you get more volume with them.
When we stop, all we have to do is turn the volume down on the Chatterboxs.
Nothing better than jamming to some good old rock and roll while going down the trails. You have to watch out on the corners though, they can come up REAL fast !!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
i personally wouldnt use a ipod because they are hard drive based and snowmobiles are cadalacks. all the bouncing and jarring could cause the heads to smack the platters in the hard drive. i have a sandisk sansa and i like it because its flash based so no moving parts, so if i drop it owell, it wont damage the storage media (unless it physically breaks). if we ever get some snow im gonna take it out with me.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Originally posted by duck91
[br]i personally wouldnt use a ipod because they are hard drive based and snowmobiles are cadalacks. all the bouncing and jarring could cause the heads to smack the platters in the hard drive. i have a sandisk sansa and i like it because its flash based so no moving parts, so if i drop it owell, it wont damage the storage media (unless it physically breaks). if we ever get some snow im gonna take it out with me.
FLASH = limited # of memory access' = bad for mp3 players.

My Mp3 player has seen 500+ miles of hard riding. Has never skipped a beat and always works well!

·
Registered
137 Posts
^^^^ yeah, my iPod has about 2000 miles on it and no problems at all... I keep it in a zip-up pocket and just leave it open enough for the headphone cord.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Originally posted by tripplethret
[br]I tried it while riding my XLT with the piped 680 and could not hear the music, the sled drowned out the ear phones easily.
same here (except without the piped xlt)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i sometimes listen to music, but it starts to be a pain in the A$$ when you take your helmet off all the time when you get your sled stuck. haha

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
^^^ just don't get stuck then haha. i listen to mine when ever i'm out i juts put my ipod in my inside coat pocket. and if it breaks thats why you have a replacement plan liek i do where if it breaks they give you a brand new one lol

·
Registered
963 Posts
i use it when just fooling around on a lake for an hour. if you use the white ones they give you and crank them up you can here the sled a little bit. but when you are done your ears ring since your music had to be so loud so you could here it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Your truck is Bitchin! My pal chuck has one just like it, but his is a little cooler, its got a polaris sticker on the window. If my freaking dog didnt eat my iPod i'd ride with it always.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Originally posted by daktruckie99
[br]
Originally posted by duck91
[br]i personally wouldnt use a ipod because they are hard drive based and snowmobiles are cadalacks. all the bouncing and jarring could cause the heads to smack the platters in the hard drive. i have a sandisk sansa and i like it because its flash based so no moving parts, so if i drop it owell, it wont damage the storage media (unless it physically breaks). if we ever get some snow im gonna take it out with me.
FLASH = limited # of memory access' = bad for mp3 players.

My Mp3 player has seen 500+ miles of hard riding. Has never skipped a beat and always works well!
ya but they still average about 100,000 cycles before degrading. i have always been leary using any type of rotating storage drive, such as a micro drive just because of the power draw and risk of head crashes. flash hasnt let me down yet, kinda good since i have 7 gigs in CF cards lol.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I got a iPod last year and I had it with me for all 125 measly miles. I kept it in my inside zipper pocket and had the cord coming out. I actually had to have the volume turned down because it was to loud. I could hear my machine OK and the music also. The only down fall was when you stop to talk you have to turn it down or take you helmet off. Riding with music defiantly made the ride more fun. Not that it was ever boring, but it I just seem to enjoy it more.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I use a motocomm and plug my MP3 player and Cell phone and Radio in. works great. if you push the PTT button on the handle bars the music is muted. if the radio recieves anything it mutes the radio. there is one more input for a radar detector. but who has one of those?? oh yeah and it has a FM radio built in. and when you stop on trail simplest thing is just pull the helmet cord apart. just like a heated visor.

oh yeah its also a intercomm if you have a passenger.

http://www.amotostuff.com/thestore/prods/4402-0002.html

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
I plan on using my Ipod on the trails this year, but I'd like to find a way to sew some headphones into my helmet so I don't have to use the earbuds while riding

·
Registered
764 Posts
personally think its pointless, i love being out there and haering the sled and the sleds around me, much rather hear the engine whining on my sled then music while im out there

1 - 20 of 39 Posts