Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if the IQ Switchback tunnel is one piece or can you switch out the 144" for a 121" and take the tunnel extension off and put the bumper back on? I found a great deal on a switchback but I have no use what so ever for the 144". In fact it would be a real pain if I kept it on. Any input would be great. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
The tunnel on the switchback is a one-piece. Why do you not want the 144"? It rides much better than a 121" on the trails, and the Switchback have trail-friendly tracks with a 1.25" lug.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't want a 144" because I mainly ride lakes and a little ditch bangin'. I was in a hurry when I posted and later found out that I could put a 136" under it (which is ideal to me) and I could just cut the back of the tunnel down. I really want a triple but I am 6'3" and all legs. I need an IQ or Fusion so my knees are not hitting my elbows when riding.

Polaris_Parts_MN I forgot to mention that the one I am looking at has a 1.5" track.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Ok I see now. Yeah a 136" skid under a 144" tunnel shouldn't even look too bad, you might be able to get away with not having to cut it short.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't even looked at the sled yet, let alone a 144" but I think I read that it is the same tunnel as the 155" so I would want to cut it down. I'm pretty anal about my stuff so I would want it to look right. If I had a choice it would have an xcr 800 in it but if I do buy it, it looks like it will have to settle for a 660. I hope that will do the trick for my comfort and speed runs across the lakes.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
06 and 07 switchbacks have "extensions" riveted on

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Up until the Raw chassis (08+ for switchbacks, 07+ for RMK) all "longtrack" had tunnel extensions that could be removed and replaced with different ones.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was an '06 switchback with the race graphics (which I like a lot) with I think 2800 miles. It was around $3000 (I think less). I was going to shorten it down to a 136" and put a 660 in it. I had it all planned out as to what I was going to make of it and now the listing has been pulled before I could even call. Oh well it wasn't meant to be I guess. I will just have to wait until people learn how to tune the cfi's and find an 800 dragon with a 136". That will probably be better than the 600 for all the lake riding I do.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
The new 800 CFI reportedly only has 2 injectors making for a lot smoother powerband with no midrange stumble. If polaris didn't change the engine design too much it is feasible that the 2 injector set up can be applied to 08-10 800 engines. Along with a PC5 they should go pretty good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts