Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can buy a 2008 IQ 600R for 5500.. full walker evans just rebuilt, the sled only has 5 races on it, 1 can i add oil injection and how, and what about a bigger gas tank? what would fit etc.. let me know what u guys think..

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Came From Factory Polaris Racing Team (Judnick Racing). The sled is awesome, 600cc pre-mix, Team Clutching, Paddle Track with 96 woodys double backers, holeshot button, Walker Evans Socks with replaced front shock Walker Evans Coil over. C&A pro ski's with 10'' carbides, Rox tunnel grips, comes with all the factory race parts and is ready to go. Has Martins Wrap on the tunnel yet.

everything he has listed on it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
whats the huys number if you pass on it haha just playin it sounds like a good deal especialy at that price and with only 5 races and im sure you can find an oil injection add on kit

·
Registered
584 Posts
sounds great for someone lookin to start racing ive seen tons that are already converted i think it would be a pain to convert and few more $$$$ might not be the best deal in the longrun.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
You might want to check this link out,has everything you just asked about. Pretty cool site if your building a IQr.

http://www.jspowersports.com/polaris_iq.htm

·
Registered
11 Posts
bj.hardy said:
i can buy a 2008 IQ 600R for 5500.. full walker evans just rebuilt, the sled only has 5 races on it, 1 can i add oil injection and how, and what about a bigger gas tank? what would fit etc.. let me know what u guys think..
Well, I am looking into buying an IQ myself, and I will tell you right now, if that IQ has been raced PERIOD, it is not worth 5,500. I can get one that has never been raced for 4,000. 5,500 is not bad if it were November, but the season is over, and paying over 5,000 for one with 100 miles this time of year is not wise. That is my opinion. As for large gas tanks, visit trailtanks.net for large gas tanks for race sleds. And oil injection is not really needed, just pre-mix and carry some oil Velcroed into the belly pan for when you re-fill. Mix it 32 to 1.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I would try to talk the guy down a bit because if it has been raced that doesn't mean it is a POS but it might have some cracks, and dents because I have seen those guys race and it is no holds bared when it comes to racing. I still go for it if I had the cash

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
braaapkid said:
bj.hardy said:
Well, I am looking into buying an IQ myself, and I will tell you right now, if that IQ has been raced PERIOD, it is not worth 5,500. I can get one that has never been raced for 4,000. 5,500 is not bad if it were November, but the season is over, and paying over 5,000 for one with 100 miles this time of year is not wise. That is my opinion. As for large gas tanks, visit trailtanks.net for large gas tanks for race sleds. And oil injection is not really needed, just pre-mix and carry some oil Velcroed into the belly pan for when you re-fill. Mix it 32 to 1.
Ok, let me know where you are finding 08+ IQr's still in the crate for $4,000. I'm not all that far from the soo and I'd be more than willing to head over there to find one for that price.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
That's not that spectactular of a deal...decent? Yes...Steller? No. I wouldn't go re-fi the house over it.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i know the guy that used this for the last half of the season, he is a pretty good freind, he got it used form a pro rider who used it 2 times before he bought it, and i agree if you can find a iq R for 4000 let me know ill drive, i dont think you can find that anywhere that isnt 4years+and baddd shape, i went and looked at it tonight, the tunnel was straight the bulkhead was perfect, by the swing arms arnt cracked, he just got ALL of his walker evans back from being serviced from the polairs race shop, yes its got some cosmetic issues, but structerly its sound,, im seriously considering it, only really bad spot is the front of the hood is cracked and zip tied together (someones bumper) but he said he would talk to his boss and see if he could get one for me. (he is now sponserd by polaris)

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
got him down to $5000,,

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Here's one not too far from you...440 but that can be changed. You'd have a huge budget left over with this one..

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/114044/display.aspx

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sledneck1978 said:
Here's one not too far from you...440 but that can be changed. You'd have a huge budget left over with this one..

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/114044/display.aspx
to get a 600+ and put it in there im looking at abouther 1200-2000 depending on what i want, and then im already do the 5000G mark,and its 3 years older so idk, itd be hard to find a 600 race motor that didnt need a complet overhaul to get the kinda power id be looking at right now, idk lots to think about, also it didnt say what shocks were in the rear skid,

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
yes but dont forget about being able to sell the 440 parts. if youre trying to do this on a budget and just be ready for next winter its a thought. i wish i could talk my better half into aloowing me to buy that sled. plus try and talk him down a bit. but if you got the money to spend id say hell yeah, the 08 is by far the better choice.
say you get the sled for??? 2750
sell the 440 parts for??? 750? im just guessing never priced 440 parts.
you got a chassis for 2000. 1800???? into the new motor youre back at 3800 and you built it the way you want it.
now you got 1700 left over to pay for gas and parts all winter.
just adding my 2 cents, not thats its really worth 2 cents though.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bigwedgies said:
yes but dont forget about being able to sell the 440 parts. if youre trying to do this on a budget and just be ready for next winter its a thought. i wish i could talk my better half into aloowing me to buy that sled. plus try and talk him down a bit. but if you got the money to spend id say hell yeah, the 08 is by far the better choice.
say you get the sled for??? 2750
sell the 440 parts for??? 750? im just guessing never priced 440 parts.
you got a chassis for 2000. 1800???? into the new motor youre back at 3800 and you built it the way you want it.
now you got 1700 left over to pay for gas and parts all winter.
just adding my 2 cents, not thats its really worth 2 cents though.

lol true, i agree just the welded cracks mean it was abused pretty hard already i know this sled doesnt have any i wen through it, idk its a tough choice

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've got one forsale for you. $4800 and its yours [:)] or i'll take off the twin pipes and throw a single pipe on it and sell it for $4600
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/rvs/1660129416.html

1 - 19 of 19 Posts