Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to be the only mod I will have money for this winter so I want to make sure I'll be happy with it.

Can anyone tell me how the accel and top speed on these are? I want a lot of acceleration. I mean I want to kick everyone's ass in acceleration. Buut, I don't know what this sled is capable of. It has (I believe) the stock 1.25 ripsaw and it's studded. I love having a really snappy throttle and I would take that any day over a top speed. So basically, I want as much acceleration as I can while running that track and not having my top speed dip under 120 kph. (75ish mph).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Go 1 tooth down on your small gear!! It's cheap and it works!! If you go 1 tooth down you shouldn't need to buy a new chain and you will come out of a corner in a hurry !!

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
luckylaroo said:
Go 1 tooth down on your small gear!! It's cheap and it works!! If you go 1 tooth down you shouldn't need to buy a new chain and you will come out of a corner in a hurry !!
But I could do one down on the top and one up on the bottom. I just don't know if it will trench easily then.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
in all honesty i dont know the stock gearing, but, that is a light sled with good power, there is a great chance that by going up in gearing you could actually get a little quicker. gearing is confusing on a sled, its not like a car, in a car at a drag strip you know that if you gear down some your et will drop some. in a sled you need to experiment.

if you dont have much money for mods i would ride the sled as is and use your money for gas and oil. a good rider can make up for lack of hp.
learn how to set the sled to handle and ride very nice for you.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I guess I should drive it first then decide if I like it since it's only like a half hour job anyways.. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts