Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me a price and how much time it would take and what it takes to convert my 2006 iq 440 to a 600 and i wouldnt mind knowing if it is worth it any information is appreciated thank you

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I've never done it but I've read several threads on here about it. Try a search.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I just met up with a guy who did it to his 06. He said he got a good deal: $2600 for an 2008 Polaris 600 engine that was brand new (or rebuilt, not sure, and not sure that it matters), the electronics, exhaust pipe, silencer mounting plate, and a few other odds and ends. It's not exactly cheap and easy.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
you need
-engine. there are a few different versions of the 600 liberty now so be careful...they are not the same
-electronics
-exhaust is preferred but the stock 440 stuff can be used....may need to be modded
-you may need to shim the engine depending on the 600 motor used.
-you may need to trail convert the engine
-larger fuel tank if you don't have
-add an oil pump and tank if you prefer
-clutch work
-wire harness from the engines sled may be easiest

I am installing a 2000 600 ves in my 08 right now.....Wish I would have done it earlier when it was warmer

·
Registered
591 Posts
at least 3500 to do it right, your looking at at least 2000 for an engine, 350 for a tank, 400 for a track, 3-500 on clutching, plus all of the other various stuff. I have a detailed list with sources when I priced one out this summer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts