Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i am still thinking about this sled, are they even good at trail riding? as in turning and handling? let me know what you guys who have them think. :)/)

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Trail riding? As in 200mi a day of just trails? Absolutely not, they're built to be used for racing and handle well for jumping and ditch banging.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
They are not for long long trail rides but if u want to jump and ditch bang it is one of the best well any race sled is good for that. with a iqr i believe that when most racers have them they take out the headlights and some things are not on some race sleds like handwarmers but i am not sure on that

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
powersledder said:
Trail riding? As in 200mi a day of just trails? Absolutely not, they're built to be used for racing and handle well for jumping and ditch banging.
why couldnt u do 200 miles after it was trail converted?? just curious.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
powersledder said:
Because it would be a waste. Why buy a race sled and make it soft and plushy for trail riding when you can just buy a trail sled.
im not exactly looking to make it "soft and plushy" we arnt nice to our sleds and do beet on the hard, im looking for a sled that is going to be high performance, can turn in the corners and out preform most other, thats why im asking..

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
IQr's have a higher center of gravity and don't take corners like they're on rails. Go ahead and try one but you'd probably be happier on a consumer IQ chassis

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
When I had one it was softened wayyy up from the factory. 100% factory converted. Can you trail ride them? Yes. Is it the best sled for them? No.

With the high center of gravity you have to work them to do what you want in the twisties. The faster you wanna go, the harder you have to work. I rode mine for a full day up in the U.P. in 08' and it absolutely beat the crap outta me. That's not to say you can't experiment with different skis and suspension and whatnot but as stated above, kinda defeats the purpose that sled. Get an IQ if you you trail ride even 50% of the time.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Mad-Boondocker said:
They are not for long long trail rides but if u want to jump and ditch bang it is one of the best well any race sled is good for that with a iqr i believe that when most racers have them they take out the headlights and some things are not on some race sleds like handwarmers but i am not sure on that
Holy long confusing runon sentence batman!!![Disappointed]

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sledneck1978 said:
When I had one it was softened wayyy up from the factory. 100% factory converted. Can you trail ride them? Yes. Is it the best sled for them? No.

With the high center of gravity you have to work them to do what you want in the twisties. The faster you wanna go, the harder you have to work. I rode mine for a full day up in the U.P. in 08' and it absolutely beat the crap outta me. That's not to say you can't experiment with different skis and suspension and whatnot but as stated above, kinda defeats the purpose that sled. Get an IQ if you you trail ride even 50% of the time.

from going from an edge chassis to something like this how much extra work would be involved? im just weighing my options an trying to get the info i need

Mad-Boondocker said:
They are not for long long trail rides but if u want to jump and ditch bang it is one of the best well any race sled is good for that. with a iqr i believe that when most racers have them they take out the headlights and some things are not on some race sleds like handwarmers but i am not sure on that
has headlights and hand warmers,

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Really depends on how you set it up. Most edges are great trail sleds. My Iqr was most comfortable in the standing position if that helps you understand. If you ride a lot of ditches and deep snow, and use trails to cut across to the next big air, get the Iqr. I don't think anyone would ever try to talk you out of an Iqr...everyone that I know with one loves it. My advice is just ride one for a bit before you drop the coin.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
GotMud said:
Mad-Boondocker said:
They are not for long long trail rides but if u want to jump and ditch bang it is one of the best well any race sled is good for that with a iqr i believe that when most racers have them they take out the headlights and some things are not on some race sleds like handwarmers but i am not sure on that
I am sorry. LOL

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mad-Boondocker said:
GotMud said:
Mad-Boondocker said:
I am sorry. LOL

lol i think will all forgive you this once.. :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts