Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.aijaa.com/img/b/00960/5238590.jpg

i can build one of these pretty easy, only question would be what about the crossover tube, i can not tell if they redid it or not, i would think if i put heat tape on the bottom of the tank and wrapped the tube i would not have any problems at all with condensation in the gas what do u guys think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,943 Posts
Just buy a 9 gallon plastic tank and get a rack and a 2.5 gallon spare for the back. Works wonders.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
erick said:
Just buy a 9 gallon plastic tank and get a rack and a 2.5 gallon spare for the back. Works wonders.
9 gallon tank =$300+.... this i could have made for less.. unless you have some place in hiding that sells IQR tanks cheep..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,943 Posts
In my opinion, money well spent. Do it right the first time and you don't have to worry about it. Many people have been down your path, most of them just end up forking over the $ for a proper tank.

Also, I didn't think they were priced that high through a dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
erick said:
In my opinion, money well spent. Do it right the first time and you don't have to worry about it. Many people have been down your path, most of them just end up forking over the $ for a proper tank.

Also, I didn't think they were priced that high through a dealer.
best deal ive seen is js power-sports for a 8.8 for $290 10.5 gal for $415 plus $50 shipping and with the bigger tank id have to re do the crossover tube, and the 8.8 is only what 3 gal more? im just not sure if its worth the money when i could build something like this for prol $100.... idk its a tough thing to decide, i have all the tools (tig brake sheer plasma cutter milling machine etc..) so i have the mechanical capabilities..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
You don't have to do anything with the rear crossover tube when putting a big tank on, whether it be the one from polaris or the trail tank version. Check out the 440 classifieds on hcs theres guys selling there polaris big tanks for a pretty reasonable price to go with the bigger trail tanks. Well worth the money just to go with the 8.8 gal big tank, that thing you posted is hideous. Just my opinion though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,619 Posts
sled_nutz said:
You don't have to do anything with the rear crossover tube when putting a big tank on, whether it be the one from polaris or the trail tank version. Check out the 440 classifieds on hcs theres guys selling there polaris big tanks for a pretty reasonable price to go with the bigger trail tanks. Well worth the money just to go with the 8.8 gal big tank, that thing you posted is hideous. Just my opinion though.
Agreed...that thing is hidious. Why would someone do that to a perfectly good sled...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,104 Posts
another thing to think about is weight.... that is putting a LOT of weight right on the back of the sled when it's loaded with fuel....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,125 Posts
erick said:
In my opinion, money well spent. Do it right the first time and you don't have to worry about it. Many people have been down your path, most of them just end up forking over the $ for a proper tank.

Also, I didn't think they were priced that high through a dealer.
Hey Erick, wasn't that sled you were saddling up on in Isabella a modified IQR600? 660 motor, extended footprint, etc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Show me one if u guys find it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MX86 said:
another thing to think about is weight.... that is putting a LOT of weight right on the back of the sled when it's loaded with fuel....
and adding a can holder and two 2.5 gal tanks would be any different?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,973 Posts
Your sled, your money! Do what you please, no need to ask what others think about it b4 hand. I buy my own sleds and do with them as I please, no one else's opinion matters to me because I make it work the way I want it to work for me! Fawk the rest. . . (go ahead and warn me on that one)

For long rides in the back country I'd get the big trail tank and then another 6g in the back, always ways to carry more fuel in the end.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
just strap acouple old heineken kegs to it lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
http://www.trailtank.net/polaris/polaris-iqr.html
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top