Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how much harder it is to drop a 700 into a IQr chassis than a 600. I notice a lot of guys opt for the 600 but Id like a little more grunt. Any info would be appretiated(sp)

·
Registered
787 Posts
There is lots on info out there on doing a big block swap. Bascially you will need to notch the frame for the oil pump, i think you have to move some motor mounts, custom pipe and can. It is alot more work to put a big block in the IQr than a small block which is why you see alot of people going with the 600s

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Putting a BB 700 in is alot more work then a 600HO,which is basically a direct swap. Make that 600 a 660 and it will be alot more fun then if it had the 700 in it IMO.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
2 of my riding buds have done it(BB 800s).....Now they have me on the warpath to do it.

Motor plate off HCS, pod filters, 1998 XC 700 pipe with SLP can. Package looks neat

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Option 1) Power Addiction motor plate, notch PTO bulkhead to clear cases, notch MAG bulkhead if running oil pump, get Power Addiction billet carb boots, mod the airbox and fit pipes.

Option 2) Use Polaris mod BB straps and add a spacer(1.5" or 2" I don't remember exactly right now), modify steering hoop and post or buy the Polaris mod steering hoop and post, notch MAG bulkhead if running oil pump, use filters or make custom airbox and fit pipes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts