Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i went to the best store in the world today, of course fleet farm, and i thought id get some ngk iridium spark plugs, ive never used them but ive heard good things, has anyone ever used these and do u notice ne thing different from them? worth the money?
thanks jake

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I use them in my 440 and 500. They seem to run cleaner and last about 3-4 years.

·
Super Moderator
11,654 Posts
I decided to run them in my ZR this season. Picked up a 4 pack at Fleet Farm awhile back. Unfortunatly though, we haven't had any snow to test them out on.

·
Registered
543 Posts
They seem to last a long time and their main purpose is to be able to get a better read out of the plugs. I have not fouled one out in 2 years now.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I have them in my bike, came from the factory with them, so I can't compare them to anything. I've heard great stuff about them also just haven't tried them in the sled yet. I was told not to run NGK's in my polaris liberty so I haven't tried them yet. Has anyone used them in a polaris liberty, what results have you found?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea my 99 polaris has the liberty and it had ngks in it and my dads 02 liberty 600 had champs in it but i dont liek champs so i got him some ngks and i got the ngks iridium for me. i havent heard not to run ngk

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I have ran them in the 440 domestic. They run good can't tell if they run any better as I don't ride it that much anymore.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
i want some for my 700 but dont know what plug to get

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I ran a set in my Ultra last year, never fouled one, probably only had 200-300 miles on them though..

·
Super Moderator
11,654 Posts
Originally posted by mcc-bri
[br]i want some for my 700 but dont know what plug to get
I'm guessing you are running BR9ES or BR9EYA right now...? If so, you'll want to run BR9EIX.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Originally posted by SKI-DOO_WATERSKIPPER
[br]yea my 99 polaris has the liberty and it had ngks in it and my dads 02 liberty 600 had champs in it but i dont liek champs so i got him some ngks and i got the ngks iridium for me. i havent heard not to run ngk
A local shop told me to run NGKs because they were a better plug. My dealer told me this, and I think its been on other posts, that the champions are the only ones recommended for Liberty motors because they have a wider heat range that works best with the computer when your switching your key from regular or premium.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i guess that makes sense but my sled doesnt have the prem or reg switch its just on or off, they started that in like 03 i believe because my old mans 02 doesnt have it

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Originally posted by Quinlan
[br]
Originally posted by mcc-bri
[br]i want some for my 700 but dont know what plug to get
I'm guessing you are running BR9ES or BR9EYA right now...? If so, you'll want to run BR9EIX.
Thanks Quinlan

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
in my older 440 ran they bad 93 indy and in the prox 03 they seem good.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
i use one in my atv and i can notice them in the four strokes dont know if its a difference if its 4 or 2 stroke but u never know

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
i just started running them this year i havent really noiced much maybe myresponsive

1 - 16 of 16 Posts