Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a 94 Vmax 600 and the fuel consumption is driving me crazy. I get rought70-80 miles to the tank. And the fuel tank holds 10 US gallons, so it gets about 7-8miles/gallon. Is this normal? My fathers new REV does about 16 miles/gallon, and it usess regular. How can I fix this problem (if there is something wrong)?

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
try re jetting for your normal riding temp, although this seems a little low I get 10-12 mpg on my 98 xc7

·
Registered
699 Posts
it seems like my exciter on gets like 8 miles to the gallon to what ever i just ride it and have fun and the people i ride with own or there parents own farms so they always have free gas in great big drums i guess u just gotta know the right people

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Originally posted by exciter_man
[br]it seems like my exciter on gets like 8 miles to the gallon to what ever i just ride it and have fun and the people i ride with own or there parents own farms so they always have free gas in great big drums i guess u just gotta know the right people
uh...that gas aint free.....might be free for you, but someone's got to buy it, u must have generous friends to supply u with gas...

·
Administrator
13,097 Posts
I'm sorry, speaking as a farmer, that gas is FAR FROM FREE.

<--- opens up books and looks at fuel expenses from the year.

Yep, not free. So either these people are very generous and are giving you gas, or you are stealing it. But someone has to pay for it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My former 94 Yamy V-Max 600 LE only got around that kind of mileage.
I had done everything imagineable to that sled as far as finetuning the jetting (pipes), clutching, gearing, traction, reeds, etc. etc.
It ran extremely well (after sinking $2-3,000 into it) but the fuel mileage never improved.
Everyone else riding Skidoo would put $12/14 in there sled compared to my $20.
The only way you'll get Skidoo mileage is to ride Skidoo.
Like Exciter man said, "Ride it and have fun."
Just remember to consider the mileage when it comes time to replace it someday.

·
Registered
699 Posts
i know someone has to pay for it but they are extremly genourus i have paid about 10 out of the 100 times i got it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts