1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
shit i sold mine earlier this year for 400

·
Registered
567 Posts
well i never drove a zr or jag but it handle nice and in the deep it had plenty of powerits still heavy but lighter than a tcat

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
NADA average retail value is $1220, it depends on condition and and your budget.

·
Registered
567 Posts
800 are mean motors but the 600 will still run with em with pipes and clutch

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Damn that is a long title. Why not put that information in your first post?

You give no additional information on the sled in your post so nobody who is replying to you can tell you if it is worth it, even if they are trying.

I have owned a ZRT for 10 years and look them up daily. That guy who sold his for 400 in this thread gave the sled away, I would have given him that site unseen.

The 800's are just like the Tcats.. huge crankshaft counterbalance issues that detonated a very large portion of motors. My 600 rips.. videos on youtube under arcticcatmatt

·
Registered
385 Posts
They break down endlessly :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
artic scrap? na my neighbor has to crossfires and had a zrt. ran the zrt for 13000 miles, no problems for him. he takes real good care of his babies

1,792 Posts
arcticcatmatt said:

[highlight=yellow]You give no additional information on the sled in your post so nobody who is replying to you can tell you if it is worth it, even if they are trying[/highlight=yellow].

I have owned a ZRT for 10 years and look them up daily. That guy who sold his for 400 in this thread gave the sled away, I would have given him that site unseen.
Haven't you noticed other threads here? Someone asks: "Is sled A or B better". Then later on they'll tell you the mileage of each and still later they'll tell you that one is overhauled with a brand new engine (things they knew from the start), completely nullifying every single reply prior to that and helping them to climb toward 5,000 posts in no time at all.[:(!]

I think I saw a similar one on ebay a few weeks back for something like $2,000+. Overpriced.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i have a 1999 zrt id sell for 1500$. thats a lil expinsive for a 1996

MakingTheWinterGoByFaster said:
arcticcatmatt said:

[highlight=yellow]You give no additional information on the sled in your post so nobody who is replying to you can tell you if it is worth it, even if they are trying[/highlight=yellow].

Haven't you noticed other threads here? Someone asks: "Is sled A or B better". Then later on they'll tell you the mileage of each and still later they'll tell you that one is overhauled with a brand new engine (things they knew from the start), completely nullifying every single reply prior to that and helping them to climb toward 5,000 posts in no time at all.[:(!]

I think I saw a similar one on ebay a few weeks back for something like $2,000+. Overpriced.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I have 2 a 96-600 and a 96-800 love both of them ,,,wouldnt take 2,000 a piece for them myself

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
i would buy another zrt if i coud find a good deal not a 96 though 99 and up thats me. theres different people out there like arcticcatmatt thats likes that style and never had any problems with them

·
Registered
844 Posts
teamarctic14 said:
99 and up thats me.
I'd pass on the 96, but would buy a 97 or newer for the simple fact
that 97's and up come with the ETT suspension.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I had a 1997 Powder Extreme(ZRT 600 motor) that ran like a raped ape, i bought that thing 3 years ago i believe with like 3500 miles i think for $1500, then rode it for 2 and sold it for $900 with 5500 miles on it. Price is a little steep in this area, but your area may be different.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
arcticcatmatt said:

You give no additional information on the sled in your post so nobody who is replying to you can tell you if it is worth it, even if they are trying.

The 800's are just like the Tcats.. huge crankshaft counterbalance issues that detonated a very large portion of motors. My 600 rips.. videos on youtube under arcticcatmatt
I saw a couple of your videos on here, that thing does rip.

·
Registered
45 Posts
the 96 ZRT600s were the fastest of the 600s. The 97 would be better for what was said...ETT. The 99s + ha dthe flatside carbs that are a little quicker throttle response. As far as probems, most of the issues with triples comes from lack of maintainence and rider intelligence. I ran mine for 3k miles and all i EVER did was replace the throttle bushings, and the kill switch. They just need to warm up longer then most twins. ZRTs are hard to beat for flat out power. I got another with a 700 big bore kit, 1.25 ripsaw track, silencer, reeds...cmon snow!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I owned a 96 800 and miss it I loved that machine the 96s were the fastest 600s and 800s I was radared at 131 mph on mine. if I could find a clean one again I would buy it specially for that price as for suspension you can always swap the new suspension into it if you want it I have done many swaps.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts