Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
very good sleds,the firecat is a great chassis to have underneath you. As far as im concerned i beleive they are rider forward, buddy has one its a lot of sled for it being a 500cc, price depends on miles, condition,

·
Registered
581 Posts
How many miles? HOw much? What condition? They are very good sleds, Also very reliable!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
04sabercat said:
How many miles? HOw much? What condition? They are very good sleds, Also very reliable!
they want 1800 for it and it has about 3500 miles on it and its in good condition

xlt600man said:
very good sleds,the firecat is a great chassis to have underneath you. As far as im concerned i beleive they are rider forward, buddy has one its a lot of sled for it being a 500cc, price depends on miles, condition,
i heard they are tippy and the have a bad top speen cuz its carbed

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
xlt600man said:
As far as im concerned i beleive they are rider forward,
The Firecat chassis is by no means rider forward. That chassis feels more like my 98 ZR than it does my 06 SnoPro, which is a rider forward chassis.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Quinlan said:
xlt600man said:
The Firecat chassis is by no means rider forward. That chassis feels more like my 98 ZR than it does my 06 SnoPro, which is a rider forward chassis.
OK this is most likly a really dumb question, but, what does it mean when someone says that it is rider forward?????

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
That's cheap in my book and they are fast and light, the firecat chassis is really good and not as tippy as people think, they are more tippy than other sleds but not by a whole lot. I would pick that up in a heartbeat if i was you.

·
Registered
384 Posts
04sabercat said:
Quinlan said:
xlt600man said:
OK this is most likly a really dumb question, but, what does it mean when someone says that it is rider forward?????
rider foward is where the sled positions you up farther than normal, like the mid 2000 ski doos. some people prefer it, and others hate it.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
04sabercat said:
Quinlan said:
xlt600man said:
Check out THIS link if you have time...gives a general understanding of the "rider forward" situation.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
If I were buyin a new ditch banger/trail sled I would def be looking at a 500 firecat. They are not rider forward but ment to be ridden standing up and the rider controlling the sled.Like a motocross bike. They are not a sit and go type sled.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts