Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke one of my carbs on my 2004 Ski Doo Legend 380 fan and i'm trying to find a replacement. It's a Mikuni VM30. I can't find any used ones of that year and all the ones I do find are from the 80s and 90s and have a few more holes in the bottom of the outgoing bore. Can I just put any 30 mm round slide carb in here and get it to work? How close do they have to be other than jet sizes? Thanks

·
Registered
645 Posts
yes, you can use pretty much any carb that's about the same size. but you have to re-tune, and wires/airbox might not fit .....

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Like I said in your other "same topic" thread

Find a Mikuni 30 carb, and put your guts into it, it will be the same carb

JB weld didn't work? shocking!

·
Registered
632 Posts
$264 from ski-doo!!

·
Registered
572 Posts
couldnt find a boneyard (salvage) carb??

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called every salvage yard in Ontario and searched the rest of Canada on Kijiji! I warmed up my JB weld this time and mixed it real good. Gooped it up and let is sit for two days. I tried reefing on that post and it didn't budge! I put it all back together and tuned them up and sled runs great. I'll keep looking for a replacement though and just use it as is. What's the worst that can happen if the carb floods with gas? Can I still limp home with one cylinder? Thanks for your help guys.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
What exactly did you break on it? JB weld on a carb? Just buy another carb.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
if the cylinder floods and you keep riding it its going to wash that cylinder and you will burn the cylinder up due to lack of oil.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
polaris_xc_racing said:
What exactly did you break on it? JB weld on a carb? Just buy another carb.
He broke one of the towers that holds the float pin.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MIKUNI-30MM-VM-SPIGOT-MOUNT-CARBURETOR-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem23089f5d85QQitemZ150468517253QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Is this what you are looking for? I'm not 100% sure if this will work or not but if it will I'd just buy this instead of messing around with JB weld and the wrong size carburetor.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I've never heard of it myself either, just thought I'd post it and see. There's more on there though that you can check out too. I'm sure one of them is the right one for your sled.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the help. The JB weld is holding. It's been five days now and the tower won't budge. Got it all tuned up and it's running great. I'll keep looking for a carb though but up here in Canada as those UPS brokerage fees double the price of anything I get from the states.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
That JB weld is some strong stuff, used it to patch a hole on the bottom of my fuel tank and my dad used it to hold a sparkplug in his truck after popping out and stripping threads in the head.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts