Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently have an 03 Edge XCSP 600 that I've ridden for the past 4 seasons. I have 7500 miles on her and she has never left me stranded. Great sled. Each year I say "I'm going to get a newer sled", but each year I just keep riding my Edge. The guys I ride with all have the latest Etec's, 800R's and Yamaha Nitros. I'm ALWAYS the lone Polaris guy. I never have any trouble keeping up even in the rough stuff. When ever we switch sleds they always say "how can you ride that thing so fast?".

Anyways I've been thinking of getting a new sled, 2010 Dragon 136 600 and never see any on the trails. Well I did see one new Dragon last year, yet I see 100's of new Rev XP's, Yamaha's, Arctic cats all the time??? I ride in Pittsburg NH all the time, maybe it's a North East thing???? Is anyone even buying new Polaris sleds anymore? I only saw 2 Rush's all season too. I do see plenty of my Edges but nothing new? What gives???

·
Registered
208 Posts
I ride a 2009 shift 600 and love it. Its just like a edge but a 100% better IMO. The 600 poo engine is a rocket! Mine is carb tho so i'm not sure out a cleanfire 600 would run. I'm in the north east as well NY and i don't see many new polaris sleds in my area ether like you most doos and yamahas for new stuff. If your a die hard poo guy like me get the new poo rush or 136 Iq and you will be happy. Maybe someone that owns a 600cleanfire can reply on how that runs VS. a carb 600.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I didn't see alot of 2010's last year, but you gotta look for the Snow Checks too. My uncle ordered a 2011 Pro-R 800 and a 2011 Switchback Assault. The 600 Dragons are rock solid.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Dragon700 said:
I didn't see alot of 2010's last year, but you gotta look for the Snow Checks too. My uncle ordered a 2011 Pro-R 800 and a 2011 Switchback Assault. The 600 Dragons are rock solid.
Your uncle must got some serious cash flow available! Tell him to send a check my way[:p]
He is also smart, 5-10 years from now, that orange snow check assualt and black/red Pro-R 800 are going to be the "MUST HAVE" sleds

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
the polaris 600 shift or other body is a solid sled. polaris has yet to prove the 800 to be a reliable machine. the fst has a great following for the 4 stroke market.

i guess at this point for myself other than the shift polaris offers nothing for me to get excited about.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I was told by my dealer that the shift 600 was the best bet and bang for the buck. Said it was really close right outta the box. Thats with clean fire. Just a dealers honest opion.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
A too am always saying I'm going to update to a newer chassis. I would love to pick up a leftover 06 dragon 600 136" in matte red. But then think about my sled, and think I might not like the power, handling, or reliability of a stock sled in a newer chassis.

·
Registered
242 Posts
motodeficient said:
A too am always saying I'm going to update to a newer chassis. I would love to pick up a leftover 06 dragon 600 136" in matte red. But then think about my sled, and think I might not like the power, handling, or reliability of a stock sled in a newer chassis.
YOU wont find those because there were not dragons in 06 besides the one i own and a 900 dragon mountain sled.... you are looking for a 2007 dragon

748eric said:
Currently have an 03 Edge XCSP 600 that I've ridden for the past 4 seasons. I have 7500 miles on her and she has never left me stranded. Great sled. Each year I say "I'm going to get a newer sled", but each year I just keep riding my Edge. The guys I ride with all have the latest Etec's, 800R's and Yamaha Nitros. I'm ALWAYS the lone Polaris guy. I never have any trouble keeping up even in the rough stuff. When ever we switch sleds they always say "how can you ride that thing so fast?".

Anyways I've been thinking of getting a new sled, 2010 Dragon 136 600 and never see any on the trails. Well I did see one new Dragon last year, yet I see 100's of new Rev XP's, Yamaha's, Arctic cats all the time??? I ride in Pittsburg NH all the time, maybe it's a North East thing???? Is anyone even buying new Polaris sleds anymore? I only saw 2 Rush's all season too. I do see plenty of my Edges but nothing new? What gives???
People riding in that area mostly ride what ever dealer is closer to them......i have seen the same in maine but i still believe that the people riding ski-doos are in the ski-doo FAD.....but i have ridden the rush at the snow-deo...and i was really debating to trade in my Dragon for the rush....you will be able to out run the ski-doos and yamahas on the trail....if you can get a hold of one GET IT!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's why I really want a 2010 Dragon, that matte red is awesome looking! I have to be honest though the etec 600 is a really nice engine. Wish Polaris had something close to the efficiency of the etec. I just don't like the look and ride of the Xp's for whatever reason. I must be one of the only people who feel this way. Also after riding my Edge and jumping on an XP, it's COLD! Very little protection from the wind compared to my Edge. Also the XP's dart like crazy.

·
Registered
347 Posts
748eric said:
That's why I really want a 2010 Dragon, that matte red is awesome looking! I have to be honest though the etec 600 is a really nice engine. Wish Polaris had something close to the efficiency of the etec. I just don't like the look and ride of the Xp's for whatever reason. I must be one of the only people who feel this way. Also after riding my Edge and jumping on an XP, it's COLD! Very little protection from the wind compared to my Edge. Also the XP's dart like crazy.
Myself personally,if i see another ugly skipoo on the trail or at a clubhouse,im gonna puke....stay polaris man..we ride cause polaris is great,dont doo the fad and go ski poo....be different..the way out!!!![flame]..just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Buy a 2010 Rush 600. get one cheap, and GREAT sled.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
fusionshuk06 said:
[highlight=yellow]my dad and I snowchecked two 800 Pro-Rs
[/highlight=yellow]

[eek7] [Dude]

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
Dragon700 said:
Your uncle must got some serious cash flow available! Tell him to send a check my way[:p]
He works his ass off, but in the winter, he burns any left over hours tuning his 'stock' 2010 800 SB

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I do love Polaris and definately don't want to switch sleds. Just would like to see more of the new ones on the trail :) I wish they made a 136 with the new body style, that would be great. I've ridden a few different Rush models at the last 2 snowdeo's. (600, 800 Proride). I have to admit, there is not alot of available storage and I hate the look of the windshields and the silly looking rear bags. They were fun to ride, but I'm looking for all day comfort with some off trail capability.

·
Registered
242 Posts
748eric said:
I do love Polaris and definately don't want to switch sleds. Just would like to see more of the new ones on the trail :) I wish they made a 136 with the new body style, that would be great. I've ridden a few different Rush models at the last 2 snowdeo's. (600, 800 Proride). I have to admit, there is not alot of available storage and I hate the look of the windshields and the silly looking rear bags. They were fun to ride, but I'm looking for all day comfort with some off trail capability.
You will get that comfort from the rush

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
I think price is a big factor of anyone buying brand new,if they didnt lose 25% of there value the first year I would probably be looking at a new Pro RMK myself. Different sleds seem to be popular in different areas.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
fusionshuk06 said:
my dad and I snowchecked two 800 Pro-Rs
Good!! I'm glad someone bought some.. To prove all the haters wrong on HCS that decided not to buy them because of ONE dyno run showing them around 145 hp. Even if it doesn't put out the most hp in the 800 class, guarantee it will be the quickest corner to corner sled on the trails..

When do you expect to get them in?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts